As this year comes to end , I'd just like to pay a small tribute to the ones in my flock who passed away due to a myriad of reasons. This was a bad year for my budgies and I lost a few of my oldest and favourite birds .
- He was a chirpy little guy and was my first ever tame bird. He also fathered my first ever clutch of chicks . He suddenly fell ill during a particularly bad moult and died almost overnight. His death came as quite a shock to me.
- Though she was a mean old girl , she along with Kiwi had my first ever clutch of chicks . She developed a tumor earlier in the year and passed away last week. The vet said she most likely would not survive an operation. She held on for 8 long months until it took her away .
- George was given to me with a tumor in his liver. The vet had told his previous owner he only had a few months to live . He stayed with her for 2 years after that and a further 2 years with me . The brave fighter refused to die and held quite a dominant position in my flock for the time I had him.
- Snowy my beautiful TCB boy was best friends with George above. Exactly a month after George passed , Snowy developed a severe chest congestion and died within 3 days of being diagnosed.
Zeus and Xena
- Zeus was one of 3 sons of Kiwi and Hera while Xena was a chick from another pair . Both hatched at home and were a bonded pair . After holding on for almost 2 years , I finally managed to let go and rehome them with a friend a mine. Unfortunately , both escaped from his place. I can only hope they survived .
RIP little ones