O alas! It was last week this time I lost Bake! One week later to the night, I've lost Shake! Both Shake & Bake have passed & I weep and lament! I'm convinced it was because of Javex put into the well water some weeks back for shortly after the cage & floor around the cage was as though someone spilled milk all over the place. It was these little critters squirting urine. The bottom of the cage would be completely soaked so I knew I had made a grave mistake by giving them water from the taps.
I had put a cup of Javex into the well water a couple years ago but I must have used bottled water for the birdies, though I cannot remember for sure. I think it's too coincidental that both seemed to show the same symptoms & both died one week apart. I feel like thrusting myself out in front of a parked bus.
Thank you so much FaeryBee & Blingy for your kindness. I've never lost two birds before at the same time in the years I've had them. I have plans of picking up a new cage & two new budgies. As you folks know well, one gets so attached to these little tykes & every turn I'm expecting to see those little critters sitting there on or in their cage. Once again people, thank you so much for your replies.
I'm so sorry for your double loss I can't imagine how hard it is to lose two little ones in such a short period of time. I hope that with time your grief will turn to fond memory of the wee ones that were with you for such a short time
Rest in peace, Shake and Bake.
and Princess Mallorn!
Thank you to Deb for her wonderful Faery magic