I did looked at your photoes of your budgie Indigo, and I was impressed.
Don't worry the budgies only take 3 months to replace whole 10 primary feathers, its body moult take 3 months.
My yellow-faced violet budgie is female, but luckily for me I have a young violet-mauve normal male budgie, so they will make double factor yellow-faced type 1st violet-cobalt normal baby budgies in 1 year time.
Only problem is I do not know how to tell the diffenence between single factor violet-cobalt yellow-faced type 1st and double factor violet-cobalt yellow-faced type 1st.
Thankyou for photoes.
See my five resent photoes:
1) a single factor yellow-faced type 1st skyblue opaline spangle.
2) a double factor yellow-faced type 2nd cobalt normal.
3) a double factor yellow-faced type 2nd cobalt normal.
4) Left : a 1-year-old female double factor yellow-faced type 2nd skyblue normal spangle.
Right: a male single factor yellow-faced type 2nd skyblue normal spangle.
5) In future I will try to breed this single factor yellow-faced type 1st violet-cobalt opaline spangle budgies, with pale purple body and creamy face.
Originally Posted by lynbuster
Beautiful violet Budgies Clinton Indigo is the same in the first lot of the photo's when he was a baby... Did you get my photobucket photos of Indigo. Poor Indigo is molting at the moment... Let me know if you got Indigo's photos i sent to you