I had a immature male budgie in first adult plumage, but his body colour were bright blue with bright canary yellow-face.
Is this bird a Golden-faced cobalt normal ???
When I held the golden-faced budgie and a single factor yellow-faced type 2nd together, I noticed the bird with bright yellow face and bright blue body, had bright canary yellow crown & forehead, than yellow-faced type 2nd which had paler yellow crown & forehead and canary yellow bibs & lores.
I was confused about whether the richly-coloured male budgie was a golden-faced or not.
Father (now dead) single factor yellow-faced type skyblue normal spangle.
Mother (alive & 1-year-old) double factor yellow-faced type skyblue normal spangle.
None of my budgies had orangish-yellow faces, hence word "Golden"
I wondered...Can both yellow-faced type 2nd parents produce a Golden-faced baby budgie ???
To see my photoes of budgies, see this website: https://s1158.photobucket.com/
From left to right
1) top bird: single factor yellow-faced type 2nd violet-cobait normal. (lighter canary yellow)
Below bird: Golden-faced cobait normal ??? (canary yellow)
2) Below bird: Golden-faced cobait normal ???
3) Below bird: Golden-faced cobait normal ???
4) Rump of Golden-faced cobait normal ???
5) Centre bird: Golden-faced cobait normal ???