Talk Budgies Forums

Talk Budgies Forums (https://www.talkbudgies.com/forum.php)
-   Mutations and Genetics (https://www.talkbudgies.com/25-mutations-genetics/)
-   -   Dusty and Nicky's first and only chick (https://www.talkbudgies.com/mutations-genetics/140498-dusty-nickys-first-only-chick.html)

Owlet 09-07-2013 07:53 AM

Dusty and Nicky's first and only chick
 
4 Attachment(s)
This is the only chick raised by Dusty and Nicky, born on 12-08-2013.
How strange the mutation, but I do not know the parents of Nicky.

aluz 09-07-2013 08:23 AM

That's surprising, I had the same thing happen to me with my 2013 Spring chicks.
I bred Mona a visual cobalt blue female with Carioca, a dark green male and they had 3 chicks one of them was a recessive pied just like yours only mine is yellow. You can see Peppy and the parents on my signature.
Your budgie couple, just like mine is hiding the recessive pied gene. You were very lucky to have this happen with just the one chick! :D

eduardo 09-07-2013 09:29 AM

Wow, that is a pretty chick! That is what I love about budgies, they can come in so many surprising colors.

PipSqueakZ 09-07-2013 09:32 AM

What an absolutely gorgeous baby! :D

Jonah 09-07-2013 09:32 AM

That is a very pretty little bird.....:loveeyes:

vinay 09-07-2013 01:28 PM

wow beautiful baby :D
these guys can really surprise you right ?
I got a recessive pied and an albino from a normal cinnamon and cobalt violet as well :)

Owlet 09-07-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aluz (Post 1525938)
That's surprising, I had the same thing happen to me with my 2013 Spring chicks.
I bred Mona a visual cobalt blue female with Carioca, a dark green male and they had 3 chicks one of them was a recessive pied just like yours only mine is yellow. You can see Peppy and the parents on my signature.
Your budgie couple, just like mine is hiding the recessive pied gene. You were very lucky to have this happen with just the one chick! :D

Thank you, I hope to have the next round more chicks. It was their fist time breeding. 3 eggs were fertile, one break and the other chick, I think they trampled it, because it was dead the morning after it hatched.

Owlet 09-07-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eduardo (Post 1526026)
Wow, that is a pretty chick! That is what I love about budgies, they can come in so many surprising colors.

Yes, you are so right about the surprises you get.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PipSqueakZ (Post 1526034)
What an absolutely gorgeous baby! :D

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonah (Post 1526042)
That is a very pretty little bird.....:loveeyes:

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinay (Post 1526490)
wow beautiful baby :D
these guys can really surprise you right ?
I got a recessive pied and an albino from a normal cinnamon and cobalt violet as well :)

Thank you, yes what a surprise!

jellyblue 09-07-2013 07:29 PM

Beautiful little baby. So soft and sweet.

Tango55 09-07-2013 10:45 PM

Yea both parents are split for recessive pied and it looks like it should be a size able bird from the looks of the parents.Congrats on the hidden gene.Lucky it showed up in one chick produced.Look forward to more.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.