Talk Budgies Forums

Talk Budgies Forums (https://www.talkbudgies.com/forum.php)
-   Mutations and Genetics (https://www.talkbudgies.com/25-mutations-genetics/)
-   -   are theses good rainbow budgies? (https://www.talkbudgies.com/mutations-genetics/270314-theses-good-rainbow-budgies.html)

Abdo 03-03-2015 05:40 AM

are theses good rainbow budgies?
 
Hi all

I just came across this pair on Facebook, they have 4 chicks, the breeder want to sell them and I fell in love with them, I'll buy them if they still available

https://scontent-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...58&oe=55741DCA

https://scontent-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...69&oe=55952408

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...fd7b8e56a20c60

https://scontent-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...35&oe=558083AE

the first thing I'm gonna do is clean the nest box for the poor babies :(.

what I want to know is are they good quality rainbows or not? thanks.

aluz 03-03-2015 05:56 AM

That is a beautiful pair! :love:
The female appears to be closest in terms of being a rainbow budgie, but she is lacking the opaline trait (bars on face and neck look normal) and the male is a spangle and so is at least one of the chicks. Spangle is a dominant mutation that should not be present on a true rainbow budgie.

Abdo 03-03-2015 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aluz (Post 2793434)
That is a beautiful pair! :love:
The female appears to be closest in terms of being a rainbow budgie, but she is lacking the opaline trait (bars on face and neck look normal) and the male is a spangle and so is at least one of the chicks. Spangle is a dominant mutation that should not be present on a true rainbow budgie.

Thanks Aluz for clarifying, and guess what ... I got them I got them he will bring them over .... I can't wait to meet them :D

is there any way to get true rainbow budgies by breeding either of them to one of these

https://s29.postimg.org/gmgw47g2f/wmp...8_23_18_19.jpg

any suggestion would be appreciated :) .

Vargur 03-03-2015 06:34 AM

that nest box is very dirty.

The pair is beautiful!

maybe I am getting two YF budgies today!
Cant wait!

aluz 03-03-2015 06:46 AM

I'm very happy you got them, they are stunning and appear to be in really good health and so does the chicks!! :D

I'm far from being an expert on mutations, and the adult male you just got may have opaline on him, I just can't tell for sure. He has a really interesting mix of colours. If he is visually opaline, then it's possible for the pair to have a true rainbow, if the chick gets the visual opaline trait and loses the spangle mutation.

Another gorgeous couple, apart from being opaline the male is also a spangle and both appear to be dominant pieds. If you pair the female dominant pied opaline with the male you just got, then the male chicks would be split for opaline and on the next generation you could get the rainbow chicks.
If the male is really opaline, then you can get visual opalines of both genders and the chicks would have to lose the spangle and dominant pied traits and inherit the yellow face. It would also be necessary for the female to be split for greywing.

Abdo 03-03-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vargur (Post 2793466)
that nest box is very dirty.

The pair is beautiful!

maybe I am getting two YF budgies today!
Cant wait!

yes it is, I'll clean it as soon as he brigs them over .... and thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluz (Post 2793490)
I'm very happy you got them, they are stunning and appear to be in really good health and so does the chicks!! :D

I'm far from being an expert on mutations, and the adult male you just got may have opaline on him, I just can't tell for sure. He has a really interesting mix of colours. If he is visually opaline, then it's possible for the pair to have a true rainbow, if the chick gets the visual opaline trait and loses the spangle mutation.

Another gorgeous couple, apart from being opaline the male is also a spangle and both appear to be dominant pieds. If you pair the female dominant pied opaline with the male you just got, then the male chicks would be split for opaline and on the next generation you could get the rainbow chicks.
If the male is really opaline, then you can get visual opalines of both genders and the chicks would have to lose the spangle and dominant pied traits and inherit the yellow face. It would also be necessary for the female to be split for greywing.

Thanks Aluz, unfortunately the opaline male is gone :( he opened the cage door and flew away...

I noticed that one of the chicks is grey wings ... so it may be possible

Thanks for all the information :D (Y)

aluz 03-03-2015 08:27 AM

Oh, I'm so sorry he flew out...:( Maybe if you put your budgies' cage outdoors he can hear them and come back.
Best of luck with the little chicks and the now "single" budgie momma.

You're very welcome!

Abdo 03-03-2015 08:40 AM

He was in a room full of budgies with one semi open window and I wasn't there to see how it happened ... i saw the cage door open ,,, I figured the rest out ... he intended to flyaway

anyway I got her a new younger muscled male :o ... just waiting until he is old :rolleyes:enugh

https://s6.postimg.org/tebkcr9e7/IMG_...621610_HDR.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.