Talk Budgies Forums

Talk Budgies Forums (https://www.talkbudgies.com/forum.php)
-   Mutations and Genetics (https://www.talkbudgies.com/25-mutations-genetics/)
-   -   What Mutations have white-silver cheek patches? (https://www.talkbudgies.com/mutations-genetics/72052-what-mutations-have-white-silver-cheek-patches.html)

atvchick95 05-22-2011 04:40 PM

What Mutations have white-silver cheek patches?
 
I know the following do

Albino
Lutino
Single Factor & Double Factor Spangle

But what other mutations would?

I have a budgie with White -Silvery Cheek patches
that 100% IS NOT none of the Above Mutations - it's 100% impossible

I know this because Her parents are Babies that were bred here, So I know her parents mutations, and the Grandparents mutations on both parents sides

and yes It's Kaylee again LOL I know she's a YF Grey wing Blue series Opaline and either Clear wing or Dominant pied - or both but she has No body color she has some funky yellow-greenish suffusion I catch in the right light every now and then it is more neon in color than most suffusion is

Her dad is Violet Grey Opaline Greywing Clear Flight pied Her Mom is yellow Face Sky blue Dominant Pied Split to Grey wing

Kaylee has no "thumb print" patch on the back of her head that the Pieds usually have- but it may just not be noticeable like everything else on here lol

but she has clear flights, clear tail and What wing markings she does have are pied markings Pink feet/legs, an orange beak (mainly found on recessive pieds) and No throat spots

Kaylee's belly - I can only get this kind of shot when she's on the cage door so sorry about the bars but there is NO color what so ever

https://i640.photobucket.com/albums/u...htersbelly.jpg

in this one you can see her Silvery white Cheek patches - her Wing markings are grey and dots (similar to a recessive pied) you can see the Yellow-green suffusion on her rump

https://i640.photobucket.com/albums/u...eebackview.jpg

https://i640.photobucket.com/albums/u...leeplaying.jpg

the best Shot i can get so far of the back of her head

https://i640.photobucket.com/albums/u...nthecamera.jpg

I'm wondering if combing mutations (or certain mutations) if it causes the cheek patches not to be the color they should be

because if you put her mutations out in a single form (as if she only carried one of any of them) every one of them has VIOLET cheek patches

going by her Feet color they fit the following mutations
Clear flight pied
Dominant Pied
Recessive Pied

I know a pied can have different cheek patches they call it "pied out" meaning it can be violet and white at the same time

but I don't think it would cause it to go completely white - I've never seen any like that I've seen them be white and violet sort of 2 toned or one side(right or left) be one color while the other side is the opposite color but her's is white -silver on both sides

CuteLittleBirdies 05-22-2011 05:50 PM

I think it is just from the recessive pied mostly, I have one recessive pied thats not mixed with any other type of pied and he has almost completly white cheek patches except for a small little spot at the top:

https://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...greenmale5.jpg


If your little girl is also domanant or clearflight pied which seems likely since she has so little markings, all it would take was for a small pied spot to cover that area in addition to the recessive gene that probably took most of the color already :)

Dark eyed clears also have all white cheek patches too ;)

atvchick95 05-22-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutelilbirdies (Post 827658)
I think it is just from the recessive pied mostly, I have one recessive pied thats not mixed with any other type of pied and he has almost completly white cheek patches except for a small little spot at the top:

https://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...greenmale5.jpg


If your little girl is also domanant or clearflight pied which seems likely since she has so little markings, all it would take was for a small pied spot to cover that area in addition to the recessive gene that probably took most of the color already :)

Dark eyed clears also have all white cheek patches too ;)


Im not even 100% sure she has recessive pied her mom has a 50/50 chance to be split to it, I only bred her dads parents 2 times and never got any recessive pied - but that doesn't mean anything specially if only one of them were split to it

I did find a mutation I've never heard of that sort of resembles her but i can't find any pictures just the description for it

the only thing that really doesn't match is the feet - and she has markings but that is because she has other mutations mixed in

this is what it says

Quote:

LIGHT YELLOW
General body colour: rump, breast, flanks and underparts buttercup yellow of an even shade throughout and free from any shade of green suffusion.

Mask:
buttercup yellow with the throat spots completely absent or only very faintly discernible. The buttercup yellow of the mask extending over the frontal and crown, to merge with the very faintly discernible undulations at the back of the head. The frontal and crown should be clear and free from all markings.

Markings: on cheeks, back of head, neck and wings, neutral in colour and very faintly discernible with a well-defined buttercup yellow edge, all markings should be free from any intrusion of green suffusion.

Cere: blue in cocks, brown in hens.

Eyes: black with a white iris.

Cheek patches:
white suffused.

Primary wing flights: yellowish and lighter than body colour.

Primary tail feathers: yellowish and lighter than body colour.

Feet and legs: pinkish blue/grey mottled.


Unless it's known by another name I've never heard of it before I got it from
https://www.world-budgerigar.org/
under their Color Standards




CuteLittleBirdies 05-22-2011 06:27 PM

RECESSIVE PIED SKYBLUE (LIGHT BLUE)

General body colour: irregular patches of white and deep skyblue with the latter mainly on the lower chest, rump and underparts
Mask: white, ornamented by up to six evenly spaced large round black throat spots, when present the two outer spots to be partially covered by the base of the cheek patches. The white of the mask extending over the frontal and crown, to merge with the black undulations at the back of the head. The frontal and crown should be clear and free from all markings.
Markings: on cheeks, back of head, neck and wings should be black undulations and/or black dots on a white ground, random in pattern and distribution and covering 10% to 20% of the total wing area.
Cere: fleshy pink in cocks, brown in hens.
Beak: orange coloured.
Eyes: dark without a light iris ring.
Cheek patches: violet, silvery white or a mixture of both.
Primary wing flights: white.
Primary tail feathers: white.
Feet and legs: fleshy pink.

It says here recessive pieds can be violet, silvery white, or a mixture of both :)

With as little markings as she has I would be shocked if she was not recessive pied, especially since you know atleast one parent is split to it and that the other could be :)

The one you mentioned was under the Yellowface category... not sure on that either lol :D

But any pied variety could have easily covered her throat spots and removed the color from her cheek patches, and with as little markings as she has she doesnt give much to go off of lol :D

atvchick95 05-22-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutelilbirdies (Post 827669)
RECESSIVE PIED SKYBLUE (LIGHT BLUE)

General body colour: irregular patches of white and deep skyblue with the latter mainly on the lower chest, rump and underparts
Mask: white, ornamented by up to six evenly spaced large round black throat spots, when present the two outer spots to be partially covered by the base of the cheek patches. The white of the mask extending over the frontal and crown, to merge with the black undulations at the back of the head. The frontal and crown should be clear and free from all markings.
Markings: on cheeks, back of head, neck and wings should be black undulations and/or black dots on a white ground, random in pattern and distribution and covering 10% to 20% of the total wing area.
Cere: fleshy pink in cocks, brown in hens.
Beak: orange coloured.
Eyes: dark without a light iris ring.
Cheek patches: violet, silvery white or a mixture of both.
Primary wing flights: white.
Primary tail feathers: white.
Feet and legs: fleshy pink.

It says here recessive pieds can be violet, silvery white, or a mixture of both :)

With as little markings as she has I would be shocked if she was not recessive pied, especially since you know atleast one parent is split to it and that the other could be :)

The one you mentioned was under the Yellowface category... not sure on that either lol :D

But any pied variety could have easily covered her throat spots and removed the color from her cheek patches, and with as little markings as she has she doesnt give much to go off of lol :D



I've thought recessive pied for a while now well once her markings and color starting show up lol and it took for ever or at least felt that way

as she's been getting older more markings showed up So I am hoping as she gets older still Maybe she'll acquire some body color - that would help me out a bunch LOL

but as a baby when she started getting feathers I thought she was going to be pure white with the yellow over cast from being a yellow face- she had no markings what so ever not even the smallest sign they were there

then at about 2 1/2 months old they started showing up and for the last 2-3 months she's looked the same As the pics I posted Above and she's now 4 months old she'll be 5 months old on June 2 but that pure white belly is so throwing me off

hrosec 05-22-2011 06:42 PM

She is really pretty!! :)

CuteLittleBirdies 05-22-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atvchick95 (Post 827678)




I've thought recessive pied for a while now well once her markings and color starting show up lol and it took for ever or at least felt that way

as she's been getting older more markings showed up So I am hoping as she gets older still Maybe she'll acquire some body color - that would help me out a bunch LOL

but as a baby when she started getting feathers I thought she was going to be pure white with the yellow over cast from being a yellow face- she had no markings what so ever not even the smallest sign they were there

then at about 2 1/2 months old they started showing up and for the last 2-3 months she's looked the same As the pics I posted Above and she's now 4 months old she'll be 5 months old on June 2 but that pure white belly is so throwing me off

I know what you mean, she has hardly anything to go off of lol :) But if she is recessive pied mixed with domanant it would make sence that almost all her coloring is gone between the 2, and since she is greywing that dilutes what little is there to begin with :)

Do you have any males to pair her with that have been bred to a recessive pied before, and you know arent carring any recessive pied? :)

atvchick95 05-22-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutelilbirdies (Post 827684)


I know what you mean, she has hardly anything to go off of lol :) But if she is recessive pied mixed with domanant it would make sence that almost all her coloring is gone between the 2, and since she is greywing that dilutes what little is there to begin with :)

Do you have any males to pair her with that have been bred to a recessive pied before, and you know arent carring any recessive pied? :)


not at the moment but I've got a while to get that straitened out before she's old enough :) I have a Couple normals but haven't bred them yet so not sure what they're hiding - or the ones I have may just not of been put with the right mate to show what they were hiding

it took like 2 years for me to find out Tweety and Casper was Split to Recessive pied and Grey wing lol

CuteLittleBirdies 05-22-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atvchick95 (Post 827686)



not at the moment but I've got a while to get that straitened out before she's old enough :) I have a Couple normals but haven't bred them yet so not sure what they're hiding - or the ones I have may just not of been put with the right mate to show what they were hiding

it took like 2 years for me to find out Tweety and Casper was Split to Recessive pied and Grey wing lol

Haha yes they always keep us guessing! Just when you think you know what they are they throw something new in there to keep you on your toes :D

atvchick95 05-22-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutelilbirdies (Post 827735)


Haha yes they always keep us guessing! Just when you think you know what they are they throw something new in there to keep you on your toes :D

That's for sure
hopefully i can get some nest boxes soon or get some made soon either way I have my Yellow Face Grey set up to my Dominant Recessive Pied female So if I don't get any recessive pieds from them I can put him with Kaylee next year when she's old enough

because right now I think all my other males are either split to recessive pied or have a chance of being split or Are recessive pieds .
plus I want more Yellow faces :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.