Talk Budgies Forums

Talk Budgies Forums (https://www.talkbudgies.com/forum.php)
-   Mutations and Genetics (https://www.talkbudgies.com/25-mutations-genetics/)
-   -   What am I? (https://www.talkbudgies.com/mutations-genetics/75486-what-am-i.html)

hrosec 08-06-2011 06:55 PM

What am I?
 
Zeus/ Zoe is one of the babies from are current and first clutch. All the other babies mutations are pretty simple but what is Zeus. I was thinking either grey wing, , or cinnamon but Im not sure. Here he is;
Zeus
https://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...C/P1160178.jpg
https://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...C/P1160161.jpg
https://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...C/P1160180.jpg
https://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...C/P1160141.jpg
https://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...C/P1160180.jpg
And an oldest 4 baby pic since I couldn't resiest
https://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...ceC/oldest.jpg
Here are his Parents
Bell Colbat violet Domiant pied split for recesive pied
https://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...C/P1140490.jpg
Piper Recesive pied sky blue split for Oplaine
https://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...epingguard.jpg

Crunchkin 08-06-2011 07:00 PM

I have no clue about mutations but i just wanted to say how gorgeous they ALL are! Love those colors :loveeyes:

Hedwig 08-06-2011 07:01 PM

It could be oplaline, or a cinnamon.

apolline 08-06-2011 07:16 PM

He's really pretty, that's what he is!

hrosec 08-06-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchkin (Post 863672)
I have no clue about mutations but i just wanted to say how gorgeous they ALL are! Love those colors :loveeyes:

Thanks!!:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedwig (Post 863673)
It could be oplaline, or a cinnamon.

Yes he/she could!
Quote:

Originally Posted by apolline (Post 863684)
He's really pretty, that's what he is!

I totally agree!!:D

nev90 08-06-2011 08:36 PM

Zeus is a recessive pied & he could also be greywing but some recessive pieds have light markings which darken when they are adult.

He looks male so it would not be possible for him to be either opaline or cinnamon because sex-linked mutations are only visible in a male if the mother has them

The chicks in the clutch that are showing opaline will be female

hrosec 08-06-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nev90 (Post 863723)
Zeus is a recessive pied & he could also be greywing but some recessive pieds have light markings which darken when they are adult.

He looks male so it would not be possible for him to be either opaline or cinnamon because sex-linked mutations are only visible in a male if the mother has them

The chicks in the clutch that are showing opaline will be female

Ok thanks!! I guess will just have to keep him to be sure!:D

hrosec 08-07-2011 12:48 AM

I was looking at him and the bottom section of his wings are clear. While his dads have markings does that make him a recessive dominate pied combo?

nev90 08-07-2011 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrosec (Post 863884)
I was looking at him and the bottom section of his wings are clear. While his dads have markings does that make him a recessive dominate pied combo?

I considered that possibility but there is nothing obvious that shows positively that he is a combination pied. He could be but you would need to breed from him to be sure either way. His parents probably would produce some combination pieds as well as normals, dominant pieds & recessive pieds

jane1888 08-07-2011 03:26 AM

oh hannah they so cute whatever the mutation is simply stunning lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.