Talk Budgies Forums

Talk Budgies Forums (https://www.talkbudgies.com/forum.php)
-   Mutations and Genetics (https://www.talkbudgies.com/25-mutations-genetics/)
-   -   Who are we? (https://www.talkbudgies.com/mutations-genetics/77874-who-we.html)

Budgiebud 09-15-2011 04:29 AM

Who are we?
 
It's mutation practice time :)


.

SusanBudgies 09-16-2011 03:50 AM

Well, I think they're all spangles.

Spangle sky blue male? (Is his belly solid blue?)

Spangle grey female?

Cinnamon spangle green male?

Budgiebud 09-16-2011 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanBudgies (Post 889693)
Well, I think they're all spangles.

Spangle sky blue male? (Is his belly solid blue?)

Spangle grey female?

Cinnamon spangle green male?

At last someone brave enough to have a go. :) :D

Yes the belly is all blue.

.

FeatheryAngel 09-16-2011 06:51 AM

Who are we? We are very cute budgies that's what we are! :D

PickySquakerz 09-16-2011 07:03 AM

nice budgies/spangials/whatever! are they yours?

Budgiebud 09-16-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyBudgie^-^ (Post 889722)
Who are we? We are very cute budgies that's what we are! :D

No doubt they are budgies, and they are super cute. :D

But still there is a question about their mutation. :)

.

Budgiebud 09-16-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PickySquakerz (Post 889729)
nice budgies/spangials/whatever! are they yours?

The babies were born to my pair, so I think that makes them mine. :) :D

Here are a few more of mine, if you like to see baby budgies.

https://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=77856

.

FeatheryAngel 09-16-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budgiebud (Post 889743)
No doubt they are budgies, and they are super cute. :D

But still there is a question about their mutation. :)

.

Sorry, I'm no good at mutations. Hopefully Nev or Zeena can come and help you out. :)

Budgiebud 09-16-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyBudgie^-^ (Post 889747)


Sorry, I'm no good at mutations. Hopefully Nev or Zeena can come and help you out. :)

Relax, just said that on the lighter side. I know their mutations. :)

Thanks anyway. :)

.

Dries 09-19-2011 03:48 PM

The left one must be an opaline spangle - skyblue? An absolute stunner.
Middle one looks grey spangle, but I can't remember the parents - is one a grey. if not it is a mauve.
The third one I'm not sure - cinnamon, but if one parent was grey it could be a greygreen?
Please tell us!!
Once again they are ... Put in any adjective you want - I've run out of words.

AnimalLuver 09-19-2011 04:01 PM

I'm kinda a dummy on this one :duhh: :o All I know is that they are all cute :giggle: I love the violet (?) in the last pic :p

flyingfluff 09-19-2011 04:07 PM

light blue opaline spangle
mauve spangle
dark green (or grey green) opaline spangle

Budgiebud 09-19-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dries (Post 891786)
The left one must be an opaline spangle - skyblue? An absolute stunner.
Middle one looks grey spangle, but I can't remember the parents - is one a grey. if not it is a mauve.
The third one I'm not sure - cinnamon, but if one parent was grey it could be a greygreen?
Please tell us!!
Once again they are ... Put in any adjective you want - I've run out of words.

Thank You Dries! :)

You have got quite a few right! :thumbsup:

That's because you are very generous with your words! :)

Budgiebud 09-19-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimalLuver (Post 891800)
I'm kinda a dummy on this one :duhh: :o All I know is that they are all cute :giggle: I love the violet (?) in the last pic :p

Thank You! :)

Good choice. I like that one too. :)

.

Budgiebud 09-19-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingfluff (Post 891808)
light blue opaline spangle
mauve spangle
dark green (or grey green) opaline spangle

Thank You! :)

It appears that you have good knowledge of budgie mutations :)

.

Budgiebud 10-04-2011 04:26 PM

Anyone else guys :question: :)

.

bellabudgie99 10-04-2011 04:35 PM

Spangle Opaline Sky Blue,
Greywing Opaline LIGHT? green
Grey spangle opaline
These are allll guesses, still a beginner. :/

Budgiebud 10-04-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellabudgie99 (Post 900179)
Spangle Opaline Sky Blue,
Greywing Opaline LIGHT? green
Grey spangle opaline
These are allll guesses, still a beginner. :/

Very interesting! I like your guesses. :)

.

bellabudgie99 10-04-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budgiebud (Post 900184)
Very interesting! I like your guesses. :)

.

I think I'm wrong....:p

Dries 10-05-2011 05:50 AM

I think the time has come to reveal the secret!!

JacoRBow_RSA 10-05-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budgiebud (Post 900174)
Anyone else guys :question: :)

.

Hi BudgieBud,

What about....my below guess ? =>
Opaline cobalt Blue Spangle (cock) - appear darker blue than sky;
Violet Sky Blue-Grey spangle (hen) - but body colour washed out a lot? (dilute involved?);
Opaline Grey-DarkGreen Greywing spangle (cock) - could have cinnamon, as some spangle edges appear "brown-ish"; greywing given the silver cheek patches...could there be yellow face also?; given the vivid yellow markings on the wings, neck and rump?

Do reveal the answer pse..
Enjoy them, they look stunning!
JacodK

Budgiebud 10-06-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacoRBow_RSA (Post 900700)
Hi BudgieBud,

What about....my below guess ? =>
Opaline cobalt Blue Spangle (cock) - appear darker blue than sky;
Violet Sky Blue-Grey spangle (hen) - but body colour washed out a lot? (dilute involved?);
Opaline Grey-DarkGreen Greywing spangle (cock) - could have cinnamon, as some spangle edges appear "brown-ish"; greywing given the silver cheek patches...could there be yellow face also?; given the vivid yellow markings on the wings, neck and rump?

Do reveal the answer pse..
Enjoy them, they look stunning!
JacodK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dries (Post 900595)
I think the time has come to reveal the secret!!

.
There is no secret Dries. :D

The mutations are obvious and most of you guys almost got all right. :thumbsup:

Anyhow I have the advantage that I see them in person.

Here they are...

1: Sky Blue Opaline Spangle - Male

2: Grey Green Cinnamon Opaline Spangle - Female

3: Grey Spangle - Female


.

FaeryBee 10-06-2011 03:31 PM

See, I didn't even try to venture a guess because I haven't even begun to try to figure out mutations! :laughing: Now that the answers have been revealed though, I can say what I've been wanting to say all along...

They are ALL ADORABLE!!!

I'd have a really hard time trying to choose one out of those three as my favorite--I'd want them all. :giggle:

bellabudgie99 10-06-2011 03:59 PM

Oh darn it! I got the first one right...and I almost got the last one. :o These WERE hard ones though! :p

Budgiebud 10-08-2011 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaeryBee (Post 901416)
See, I didn't even try to venture a guess because I haven't even begun to try to figure out mutations! :laughing: Now that the answers have been revealed though, I can say what I've been wanting to say all along...

They are ALL ADORABLE!!!

I'd have a really hard time trying to choose one out of those three as my favorite--I'd want them all. :giggle:

Thank You! :)

I would love to give them to you but we are quite far. :)

.

Budgiebud 10-08-2011 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellabudgie99 (Post 901438)
OH darn it! I got the first one right...and I almost got the last one. :o These WERE hard ones though! :p

Yes you did very well. :)

.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.