Talk Budgies Forums

Talk Budgies Forums (https://www.talkbudgies.com/forum.php)
-   Mutations and Genetics (https://www.talkbudgies.com/25-mutations-genetics/)
-   -   What mutations/colours needed to breed for this beauty? (https://www.talkbudgies.com/mutations-genetics/80741-what-mutations-colours-needed-breed-beauty.html)

Bec-eee 11-10-2011 02:33 AM

What mutations/colours needed to breed for this beauty?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 26379

Just wondering what mutations and colours of a hen and cock I would need to breed this beauty? :)


http:\\www.cmtwebdesign.co.uk/images/budgies/bsiggy.jpg

Jimm-V 11-10-2011 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bec-eee (Post 920736)

Just wondering what mutations and colours of a hen and cock I would need to breed this beauty? :)

He is a yellow face type2 opaline skyblue spangle.

You need a spangle gene, an opaline gene, a blue budgie and yellow faces.

1. Spangle gene - One of the parents must has this mutation
2. Opaline gene - both parents must have this mutation
3. Blue budgie - either both parents are blue or one of them is green split for blue
4. Yellow faces - either one of the parents has a yellow face type2 factor or both parents have a yellow face type1 factor.

Yup, this male budgie is stunning looking. :loveeyes:

Bec-eee 11-10-2011 02:59 AM

I just love the aqua colour to him! Mixed with the yellow he's a beauty. I'm not sure of the spangle mutation? What's that?


http:\\www.cmtwebdesign.co.uk/images/budgies/bsiggy.jpg

Jimm-V 11-10-2011 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bec-eee (Post 920744)
I just love the aqua colour to him! Mixed with the yellow he's a beauty. I'm not sure of the spangle mutation? What's that?


Spangle mutation is caused by the melanin pigmentation on the wing patterns.
For blue based budgie, the spangle melanin dark pigments are seen at the edges of the wing feathers in contrast to normal mutations where the melanin dark pigments are seen on the whole feathers leaving a white colour at the edges on the wing feathers.

For green based budgie, you will see yellow and not white (with blue based budgie).

Hope I didn't confuse you further.

Note : the budgie (Festiny) on the right in my signature is a spangle mutation with extra opaline gene.

Dries 11-10-2011 12:25 PM

Quite an outstanding bird!! Is it yours?Where did you get him?

apolline 11-10-2011 01:44 PM

Oh my gosh it's gorgeous. I want one.

Bec-eee 11-10-2011 06:06 PM

Na not mine another user posted it wanting to buy it and I fell in love and I was wondering what mutations and colour budgies I would need to breed one.


http:\\www.cmtwebdesign.co.uk/images/budgies/bsiggy.jpg

Bec-eee 11-10-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimm-V (Post 920746)
Spangle mutation is caused by the melanin pigmentation on the wing patterns.
For blue based budgie, the spangle melanin dark pigments are seen at the edges of the wing feathers in contrast to normal mutations where the melanin dark pigments are seen on the whole feathers leaving a white colour at the edges on the wing feathers.

For green based budgie, you will see yellow and not white (with blue based budgie).

Hope I didn't confuse you further.

Note : the budgie (Festiny) on the right in my signature is a spangle mutation with extra opaline gene.

I don't think I can breed one I don't have the right mutations in my budgies. The only thing I do have is a yellowface.
:(

http:\\www.cmtwebdesign.co.uk/images/budgies/bsiggy.jpg

nev90 11-10-2011 06:19 PM

The chick is dominant pied as well as the other mutations that have been mentioned. It is T2 yellow face opaline spangle dominant pied sky blue

I have bred several like this. The opaline gene must come from the male (to get both sexes it must come from both parents); the yellow face, spangle & dominant pied genes can come from either parent

AnimalLuver 11-10-2011 06:21 PM

The only pic I'm getting is this --> https://www.cmtwebdesign.co.uk/images/budgies/bsiggy.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.