Could she be a badly marked Texas Clearbody, or a Cinnamon Greywing? - Talk Budgies Forums


User Menu
Forum Home
Budgie Gallery
Budgie FAQ
Site Guidelines
How-To-Guide
Members List
Today's Posts
Log In
Register now!
Search



Advanced Search
Popular Forums
Announcements

Budgie Articles

Budgie Talk

Budgie Pictures

Budgie Videos

Budgie Behavior

Determining Gender

Your Budgie's Health

Taming and Bonding

Budgie Breeding

In Memory

Other Birds

Contests

Chit Chat

Site Information

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots
Sponsored Ads

Go Back   Talk Budgies Forums > Budgie Talk > Budgie Breeding > Mutations and Genetics


Mutations and Genetics Learn about budgie genetics and the wide variety of mutations.

Closed Thread
 
Short URL LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Rashu's Avatar
Rashu (Rashdan)
Budgie
 
Profile:Rashu is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 7
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Posts: 1,080
Gallery: 4
Karma:
Points: 705
Rep Power: 10
Rashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to behold
Default Could she be a badly marked Texas Clearbody, or a Cinnamon Greywing?

I've been in doubt of Autumn's mutation since I've had her for around 4-5 months.

She has both black and grey stripes...and even 2 of her throat spots appear quite dark, looks like black, or probably is black.

She has Pink feet, which I was told cannot be present on a normal Greywing. So I wondered if she were a Cinnamon Greywing....as Cinnamons often have Pink Feet. I was told she's some sort of hybrid (ouch) as she doesn;t have the typical Grey tail quill like Greywings do. She has it clear with grey coloured tail feather..

At first I thought she was dirty, so appeared like and odd greywing...but then she moulted and now she looks like this.

However I recently came across Barrie Shutt's Website (click and find Texas Clearbody) because I remembered that Texas Clearbodies do have grey and black stripes...and after comparing the pictures, the colour of the stripes look the same to my inexperienced eyes, + those have Pink Feet too!

But then she has too much colour to be a clearbody. But then she's a hen...so makes it more likely she'd be a TCB or Cinnamon combined with Greywing.

I was also told by a Breeder of TCB that she looks like a TCB to him as well here.

Before moulting.



After moulting/













__________________



Last edited by Rashu; 09-19-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-19-2012, 12:35 AM
CuteLittleBirdies's Avatar
CuteLittleBirdies (Lindsey)
Member of the Month March 2011
State:
 
Profile:CuteLittleBirdies is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 500+
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio. U.S
Posts: 19,551
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 11092
Rep Power: 40
CuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I do not think she is a cinnamon/ greywing, when those mutations are combined they are usually very diluted and have very light wing and body markings, even more than most dilutes.

I also agree that she does not look like a TCB, her colors are too bright and not in the right places from the ones I have bred and have seen. Her cheek patches and tail feathers are also not right for a TCB in addition to the dilution.

I think she is just a poorly marked greywing from what I can see personally. Just because she has pink feet does not mean she I not a greywing, I have seen a number of greywings with pink feet and have one myself Every bird will not meet the expected standard, that is why many breeders are constantly trying to breed to meet the standard of a mutation, many have the wrong markings and there are few things a bird cannot have in coloring.

If you always look for a bird to have every expected color and marking you will end up very confused, as most do not have all of them. It is important to look at the bird as a whole when trying to determine the mutation and not just specific characteristics as they can and will vary

Last edited by CuteLittleBirdies; 09-19-2012 at 12:42 AM.
  #3  
Old 09-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Rashu's Avatar
Rashu (Rashdan)
Budgie
 
Profile:Rashu is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 7
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Posts: 1,080
Gallery: 4
Karma:
Points: 705
Rep Power: 10
Rashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutelilbirdies View Post
I do not think she is a cinnamon/ greywing, when those mutations are combined they are usually very diluted and have very light wing and body markings, even more than most dilutes.

I also agree that she does not look like a TCB, her colors are too bright and not in the right places from the ones I have bred and have seen. Her cheek patches and tail feathers are also not right for a TCB in addition to the dilution.

I think she is just a poorly marked greywing from what I can see personally. Just because she has pink feet does not mean she I not a greywing, I have seen a number of greywings with pink feet and have one myself Every bird will not meet the expected standard, that is why many breeders are constantly trying to breed to meet the standard of a mutation, many have the wrong markings and there are few things a bird cannot have in coloring.

If you always look for a bird to have every expected color and marking you will end up very confused, as most do not have all of them. It is important to look at the bird as a whole when trying to determine the mutation and not just specific characteristics as they can and will vary
But don't you think there could be a slight possibility that she's a combination of TCB and something else?

Most people don;t understand mutations in my country, we don't have budgie Exhibitions either, so breeders aren't concerned about show standards...so she could have been bred from anything!

I've seen a couple of TCBs in my country. And her stripe pattern looks very much like those TCBs on Barrie Shutt's website.

I've never seen a greywing like this before...but I originally got her because I wanted a Greywing hen...lol
__________________


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 09-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Rashu's Avatar
Rashu (Rashdan)
Budgie
 
Profile:Rashu is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 7
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Posts: 1,080
Gallery: 4
Karma:
Points: 705
Rep Power: 10
Rashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutelilbirdies View Post

I also agree that she does not look like a TCB, her colors are too bright and not in the right places from the ones I have bred and have seen.

A breeder of TCB has shared a photos of his budgies with me. He has this TCB. Have a look and compare the colours.


__________________


  #5  
Old 09-19-2012, 01:36 PM
CuteLittleBirdies's Avatar
CuteLittleBirdies (Lindsey)
Member of the Month March 2011
State:
 
Profile:CuteLittleBirdies is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 500+
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio. U.S
Posts: 19,551
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 11092
Rep Power: 40
CuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashu View Post


But don't you think there could be a slight possibility that she's a combination of TCB and something else?

Most people don;t understand mutations in my country, we don't have budgie Exhibitions either, so breeders aren't concerned about show standards...so she could have been bred from anything!

I've seen a couple of TCBs in my country. And her stripe pattern looks very much like those TCBs on Barrie Shutt's website.

I've never seen a greywing like this before...but I originally got her because I wanted a Greywing hen...lol
It is not her wings, but everything else about her that does not look like a TCB If she was a normal TCB she should not have a diluted grey tail or cheek patches.

The only thing that she looks like she could be combined with in addition to TCB would be greywing to me. Even then her markings are not right if you want to go that far. She has body color all the way up her neck and chest and it is the same as her rump (which should be the brightest on a TCB) where it should be washed out, especially if she were a combination of the 2 mutations she would be nearly white on the chest and throat, and her wing markings should be diluted like a greywing not black and grey like a normal TCB.

Her markings are definatly strange, but she looks like a normal greywing in dilution, tail and cheek patches in every way except for the darker markings on some wing and head feathers which I have seen on a number of greywings before. Lets wait and see what Nev says
  #6  
Old 09-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Rashu's Avatar
Rashu (Rashdan)
Budgie
 
Profile:Rashu is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 7
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Posts: 1,080
Gallery: 4
Karma:
Points: 705
Rep Power: 10
Rashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutelilbirdies View Post


It is not her wings, but everything else about her that does not look like a TCB If she was a normal TCB she should not have a diluted grey tail or cheek patches.

The only thing that she looks like she could be combined with in addition to TCB would be greywing to me. Even then her markings are not right if you want to go that far. She has body color all the way up her neck and chest and it is the same as her rump (which should be the brightest on a TCB) where it should be washed out, especially if she were a combination of the 2 mutations she would be nearly white on the chest and throat, and her wing markings should be diluted like a greywing not black and grey like a normal TCB.

Her markings are definatly strange, but she looks like a normal greywing in dilution, tail and cheek patches in every way except for the darker markings on some wing and head feathers which I have seen on a number of greywings before. Lets wait and see what Nev says
Did you notice the markings on that English budgie? They look exactly like her's!
That English budgie belongs to a breeder who breeds TCBs. So maybe there are varieties of TCB that have a lot of suffusion!

Waiting for Nev's views too. It's so interesting.

__________________


  #7  
Old 09-19-2012, 02:14 PM
CuteLittleBirdies's Avatar
CuteLittleBirdies (Lindsey)
Member of the Month March 2011
State:
 
Profile:CuteLittleBirdies is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 500+
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio. U.S
Posts: 19,551
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 11092
Rep Power: 40
CuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashu View Post



A breeder of TCB has shared a photos of his budgies with me. He has this TCB. Have a look and compare the colours.


Ask him for a larger pic that shows the whole bird including its tail, a normal TCB should not have a grey tail but rather a normal colored one?



  #8  
Old 09-19-2012, 02:49 PM
CuteLittleBirdies's Avatar
CuteLittleBirdies (Lindsey)
Member of the Month March 2011
State:
 
Profile:CuteLittleBirdies is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 500+
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio. U.S
Posts: 19,551
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 11092
Rep Power: 40
CuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond repute
Default

You know I wonder if she is just a really dark cinnamon? I had thought her cheek patches were so bright from a violet factor, but maybe she is a cinnamon and that would make sense with the pink feet and legs too Here is a thread barrie commented on, and Erins bird looks a lot like yours in the wing markings and hers got much darker after a molt too https://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=60101
  #9  
Old 09-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Rashu's Avatar
Rashu (Rashdan)
Budgie
 
Profile:Rashu is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 7
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Posts: 1,080
Gallery: 4
Karma:
Points: 705
Rep Power: 10
Rashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to beholdRashu is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutelilbirdies View Post
You know I wonder if she is just a really dark cinnamon? I had thought her cheek patches were so bright from a violet factor, but maybe she is a cinnamon and that would make sense with the pink feet and legs too Here is a thread barrie commented on, and Erins bird looks a lot like yours in the wing markings and hers got much darker after a molt too https://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=60101
Yup I've seen that bird on Facebook recently and I thought it looked a lot like Autumn...but then the colours are different, and last night I ended up on Barrie's site and noticed the pink feet, and the similar pattern of the wings.

Let's see...in fact I've discussed this with Erin on Facebook too where 3 breeders have also suggested that she looks like a TCB.

I wonder what Nev has to say....but I think she's a TCB with some other kind of combination.

Have a look at our discussion in the comments here


__________________



Last edited by Rashu; 09-19-2012 at 04:27 PM.
  #10  
Old 09-19-2012, 05:45 PM
theasset's Avatar
theasset (Erin)
Member of the Month
State:
 
Profile:theasset is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 7
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,184
Gallery: 6
Karma:
Points: 1108
Rep Power: 13
theasset has much to be proud oftheasset has much to be proud oftheasset has much to be proud oftheasset has much to be proud oftheasset has much to be proud oftheasset has much to be proud oftheasset has much to be proud oftheasset has much to be proud oftheasset has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutelilbirdies View Post
You know I wonder if she is just a really dark cinnamon? I had thought her cheek patches were so bright from a violet factor, but maybe she is a cinnamon and that would make sense with the pink feet and legs too Here is a thread barrie commented on, and Erins bird looks a lot like yours in the wing markings and hers got much darker after a molt too https://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=60101
My initial thought was cinnamon too. I've never seen TCBs with body color like that.
Closed Thread



Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.