11-25-2015, 11:10 AM
For dark chocolate lovers
I love bittersweet chocolate and I have made this bittersweet hot fudge many times, it's really yummy, here it is. It is to be initially made on the stove top, not in the microwave.You don't have to put it into multiple jars, one big one will do. I keep it in the fridge until I want to use it, then I just heat up whatever amount I want.
• 24 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
• 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
• 3 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or 3 1⁄2 cups light cream
• 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• In a 4-quart pot combine the chocolates, half-and-half or light cream, and sugar.
• Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
• Simmer mixture, uncovered, over low heat about 2 minutes or until mixture is creamy, stirring frequently.
• Remove from heat; stir in the vanilla.
• Pour the hot sauce into 7 or 8 hot, clean half-pint jars or 16 (4-ounce) jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace.