Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I always love trying to figure out what color mutation combinations I can create wile pairing two budgies. I have found that doing this on my own has taught me a great deal about color mutations. Lets think of this as a place where anyone can place a pair of any two budgie photos and anyone can guess on the chicks color mutations. I would like the correct answers to be shown in RED in another thread so people don't peek unless they want to. http://www.talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?p=795807#post795807

I know this has been done before but I always think it's so much fun.

So if you want to post picks it would be great if you could type the color mutation if you know it so we know if any of the birds are split for anything. If you have no idea don't worry. And if your wrong it's ok it's all a learning experience. Ok here it goes...

Pair #1 male opaline, yellow face type two, double factor violet, grey/split for cinnamon x female albino

Pair #2 male normal green x female blue, spangle
Now the photos are both males but it doesn't matter it's just a game :)

Keep it going:)
Pair #(Number) male (color mutation if you know it) x female (color mutation if you know it)
Photo one if you have photos [img/]
[img] Photo two

·
Registered
122 Posts
I love this idea! Today I took photos of all of my budgies and did some pair planning. Here are some of them. I would love to know what color babies I would get. Some of the females I have are old enough to breed but most are just babies right now.

I will do my best to name the right color but PLEASE if I'm not right or if there is another mutation I missed I would love to know. Thank you!

Pair #3 male (Sky Blue Ressive Pied) x female (Sky Blue Greywing, Dominant Pied?)

--- Kimberley Smith

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thank you!! As for Ginger, I put up another post for her because I'm trying to figure out what color she is. So far it sounds like she's a Yellow Face Type 2 Greywing Clearflight pied. I LOVE her color and I'm so happy my breeder friend offered her to me. She has two tiny spots on the back of her head that is missing some striping. I can't breed her for awhile but I'm so curious what I 'might' get in the future with her and the others.

---- Kimberley Smith

·
Registered
122 Posts
One more pair please

I am curious what color babies this pair would make. The female that I would love to pair up with Sugar is too young and the male I want to pair up with Zoey is too young so, I think at first I'll pair up Sugar and Zoey together for the first year.

Sugar is about 2 years old now and even without a breeding box, he has been trying to climb on his buddy every now and then. lol. He gets so pushy, talkative and feeds his buddy Tibbers. It's a little funny but I'm hoping after the quarentine is over (for the new budgies), Sugar and Zoey will like eachother. This pair would be one of the first pairs I could breed. Zoey is at least a year old. I got her from my breeding friend from his breeding flock.

Pair #13 male (Blue Recessive Pied) x female (Sky Blue Opaline)

I'm very curious what color babies I 'might' get this pair just by a visual guess. Thanks!

---- Kimberley Smith

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.