Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please join in and play the pairing color mutation game 1 + 2 = ?what? http://www.talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=68856
Pair #1 male opaline, yellow face type two, double factor violet, grey/split for cinnamon x female albino
ANSWER
100% opaline females
100% normal males
50% yellow face
blues, greys and single factor violets
100% males split for ino

Pair #2 male normal green x female blue, spangle
ANSWER
100% green
50% normal
50% spangleNow the photos are both males but it doesn't matter it's just a game :)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I believe Your grey male is a type 1 yellow face
Type 2 yellow face bleeds into the body color for example turning a Sky blue budgie sea green
there is no bleeding into the body color the yellow is strictly on the mask(face) which is how a type 1 yellow face is.

and he looks mauve as well - Grey budgies have Grey/silver Cheek patches Mauves have blue cheek patches and their tail is blue

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
His father was a type two that's why his grey is so dark. You can't see it in the photo but he has flecks of yellow through his body, wings and tail.
yes that is normal in a type one

Yellowface budgies are in between yellow-based budgies and white-based budgies. There are different degrees of the level of yellow pigment, less than the yellow-based variety. These different levels of yellow pigment are caused by several different genes. Visually, there are two types of yellow face: Type I and Type II. In type I yellowface budgies, the mask feathers are all yellow. The yellow may also show up in the peripheral tail feathers. The yellow is confined to these areas only and the budgie is normally colored in the body feathers. Type II yellowface budgies have yellow in the mask feathers and tail, just like the type I. However, after the first molt at 3 months of age, the yellow diffuses into the body color and creates a new color, depending on the original color. In the case of the sky blue variety, as seen below, the type II yellowface creates a seafoam green color, but in the type I yellowface the body color remains sky blue.
While the yellow is restricted to the mask only in the single factor form of mutant 1 the reverse seems to happen in the mutant 2 and the Goldenface. These two mutations when present in the single factor the yellow seems to spread throughout the blue body colour after its first moult giving it a sea green effect. The identification becomes even more difficult when the bird is grey giving the appearance of grey green. Only by seeing the yellow underneath the wings one can establish that the bird is in fact a Yellowface or Goldenface.
if yours was a type 2 he'd look like a Grey green like this one

Also he looks Mauve not Grey
Grey budgies have Grey- silver Cheek patches

Mauve's have Blue Cheek Patches
http://www.***************/v_mauve3.jpg

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok sorry I haven't gotten back to answering questions about the pairings. I have been busy with lots of chicks and my last years of college so please forgive me. I'm glad a couple people posted pairs so thanks guys. I'm not an expert on mutations so if I'm wrong please anyone correct me. This is a learning process. I will get to all of the breeding pairs tomorrow. It seems that my computer is having issues with enlarging the images.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thank you! That is wonderful that you have babies to raise! I'm guessing in 2-3 months I might have some cute little chicks. I'm trying my best to get mature pairs to like veggies and eggfood before I put a nest box up for any of them. I just noticed one of my mature females, Stormy, is coming back into condition which is great. I took a look at your website and I loved it. I saved it as one of my website favorites. :) I look forward to hearing what color babies I might get plus getting to learn more about possible outcomes of different color pairings.

---- Kimberley

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pair # 3 male blue dominant pied recessive pied x female blue full color grey wing split for recessive pied
blue
normal
dominant pied
recessive pied
maybe grey wing if the male is split for it.

Pair #4 male blue grey wing opaline x female blue clearwing dominant pied opaline
blue
opaline males and females
normal
dominant pied
grey wing
maybe clearwing if the male is split for it

Pair #5 male blue opaline SF violet x female blue opaline
blue
male and female opaline
some single factor violet

Pair #6 male full color grey wing blue x female blue cinnamon
blue
normal
grey wing if the female is split for it
males split for cinnamon

Pair #7 male blue YFT2 full color grey wing x not sure what ginger is sorry

Pair #8 male normal green x female green opaline
green
normal
males split for opaline

Pair #9 male blue YFT2 full color grey wing x female opaline blue YFT2
blue
yellow face
normal
grey wing is female is split for it
males split for opaline

pair #10 male blue normal x female blue dominant pied YFT2
normal
dominant pied
yellow face
white face

Pair #11 male normal sky blue YFT2 x female normal blue YFT2
blue
normal
yellow face

Pair #12 male sky blue full color grey wing x female albino
blue
normal
maybe grey wing is female is split for it
males split for albino
the albino color mutation usually hides other mutations under it.

Pair #13 male dominant pied recessive pied mix sky blue x female opaline blue
blue
normal
dominant pied
maybe recessive pied if the female is split for it
male split for opaline

Pair # 14 recessive pied blue x blue spangle
blue
normal
spangle
maybe recessive pied if the other bird is split for it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts