Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! It's been about two months since Paul Atreides came home, and I just love him - he's such a cutie. He sings and squawks and jumps around. But he still doesn't want to come out of his cage, and I'm worried he'll get bored or lonely in there. He's got a couple of toys, but he doesn't play much (except for preening the rope on one - that's his favorite pastime). He mostly chirps, naps, preens, eats, or chews on his perches.

I've been trying to coax him out by putting some millet on a dish right outside his cage - no scary human hands holding it or anything, but he only rarely comes out for a bite. I'm working on converting him from pet-store seed mix to pellets, and hoping that he'll be more interested in me when I'm the only millet source.

In the mean time, any suggestions? I just want him to be a happy birdie, and I'm hoping that we can be friends someday (soon?). Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!!!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the tips and am putting them into action right away!

Any thoughts on how to make sure he's a happy birdie in the mean time? He's got toys and different perches, and he's in the living room, so he gets to listen to music and watch TV with us and all that. I just don't want him to go bonkers from boredom. ;) Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.