Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
if these are from the same clutch please do not breed the parents again

these poor birds are going to die at a young age I've never known any to live past 1 yr old

the feathers never stop growing

and Feather duster is NOT a mutation (don't know why people keep calling it that) it is a genetic disorder just like a half sider only the half sider doesn't die from its genetic disorder like feather dusters do

these parents need to be nothing but Pet birds Never bred again

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
if these are from the same clutch please do not breed the parents again

these poor birds are going to die at a young age I've never known any to live past 1 yr old

the feathers never stop growing

and Feather duster is NOT a mutation (don't know why people keep calling it that) it is a genetic disorder just like a half sider only the half sider doesn't die from its genetic disorder like feather dusters do

these parents need to be nothing but Pet birds Never bred again
I couldn't agree more.

I mentioned on your other post with your other feather duster about the importance of high fat/protine and nutrients these guys will need. I can't stress it enough.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was under the impression (originally) that it was controlled by a specific gene, and that one was ok but two was full-blown-feather-duster-not-living-to-a-year-old. think.. sickle cell? or any incomplete dominant condition.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
regarding "feather dusters"

Thank you all fr the advice. I had bought a blue and white pied male two years ago and he is the father of these chicks. I bred him to my hen who I raised and know the background. There is no inbreeding in my hen. However, I have to think that there definately is in this male. I will not breed him again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.