Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BuDgIe **ChArMeR**
2,199 Posts
beautiful budgies~!!!:love:
i must say the first picture is a girl and the 2nd pic is a boy..:D
im not good with mutations but here goes...:eek: yellow face type 2 clearwing violet?? and yellow face type 2 clearwing skyblue?:D

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
I have no idea about the mutations, but someone else will be here to help you out :)
I must say though that they are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cant really tell by the picture, but to me the shape of the grey's head is bigger and I want to say its a boy, and the sky is a girl. but I never know :\

In the picture the grey was curious and the blue was scared of the camera.

they sit around and preen each other and chase eachother around the cage.

I havent really picked out names yet

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My first assumption was that they are both girls. both are clearflight, one has blotching/patches on the front(dominant?) or are they just considered clearflight pied. They came from the same clutch I know and are very similar. the grey seems to have white feathers and the blue seems to have yellow tint to them. in the picture the grey looks to have yellow tint but it was taken on my camera phone.

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
They're beautiful! I've no idea about mutations, but I'd guess girl then boy.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Yellow face opaline clearflight pied grey (male I think). Although he looks mauve the colour of the cheek patches show that his mutation is grey

Yellow face opaline dominant pied sky blue male

As they are siblings they could both be dominant pieds and the first one is just not showing the usual clear areas on the front. A photo of the parents would probably show which mutations are possible, and as opaline is a sex linked mutation the mother's mutation could help identify the sex of the chicks

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Look like siblings to me, and i'd agree with nev in suspecting the first one is a dominant pied without the belly band.

Cute lil things :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nice looking birds hope you find out what they are :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.