Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 18 Days this is what was said:

Looks like dad is a either a double dominant pied or a mix of dominant pied and recessive pied. Does he have iris rings? His body color looks like mauve. Your female is an opaline, recessive pied, yellow face, sky blue. The chick is some sort of pied because of the clear wing feathers and pied spot. and I'm going to guess it's a cobalt blue, just because of the parents. We will have to see exactly what pied when it gets a bit bigger. Same goes with the gender. It looks like a female but it is really hard to tell from photos.
She (maybe a she?) is getting some more bright blue so I was wondering if opinions changed?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I agree with Erin. The chick looks like a sky blue, dominant pied, grey wing. From what I can remember about the parents, your male may also have a grey factor making him look darker. And because the chick is grey wing Both parents must be split for grey wing. Very nice looking chick.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you :) I was looking (drooling) at a grey wing at the local pet store a few months ago and fuming over the fact that most of their birds looked in rough shape - I got lucky :) I wasn't going to breed again, but after this result I may have to put the nest box up again in a couple of months :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.