Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Everyone!!! Yesterday i went with mum to riverview to have lunch with friends and i brought my new fishing rod down with me and thought i'd have a go at fishing again..

I was using yabbie's on my line then suddenly i got the biggest pull on my line it took me a quater of an hour to pull this in.

Mum came down to see what i had caught i said a Brim we measured it and it was 40 Center Meters long I couldn't believe my eyes when i pulled it in. It was the only big one i got the tied was coming in when i had caught it. It was right on lunch had to go back tired again after lunch but only caught about 6 little fish under size had to through them back in the water... I am going to go again sometime this week or next week. Thought i'd share a few photo's. Oh by the way we had it for dinner last night and it was really YUM..

Me with the 40th Center Meter Brim.

·
Administrator
59,662 Posts
Nice catch, Lyn and great that you and your Mum enjoyed eating him for dinner.

I used to love fishing when I was younger.

Actually, I loved casting the line out into the water :giggle:
I often thought I should have tried fly-fishing for bass since the line is flipped repeatedly, but unfortunately I never was in a good location to do so. ;)

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,333 Posts

Congrats Lyn, Keep up the good work. Did you show Indi what you were doing while you were deserting him to go on an adventure??
Blessings, Jo Ann:p:clap::clap::king::cup::jumping1::jumping1:

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations,Lyn!:2thumbs:
Thank you Gabby.

Nice catch, Lyn and great that you and your Mum enjoyed eating him for dinner.

I used to love fishing when I was younger.

Actually, I loved casting the line out into the water :giggle:
I often thought I should have tried fly-fishing for bass since the line is flipped repeatedly, but unfortunately I never was in a good location to do so. ;)
Thank you Deb. Fly fishing for Bass would be fun do you have to put flies on the hook that would be really hard to do. I have never done that before... I'll have to go to Victoria to do fly fishing. None in QLD.

Congrats Lyn, Keep up the good work. Did you show Indi what you were doing while you were deserting him to go on an adventure??
Blessings, Jo Ann:p:clap::clap::king::cup::jumping1::jumping1:
Thanks JoAnn. Indi wasn't on his own for long we were only away for a few hours. Yes I showed Indi the fish he wanted to play with it. I don't desert Indi I love him very much. Indi is my best friend....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.