Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the net high and low for over an hour I know I read some where that a clear flight feather meant something now I can't find it, UNLESS I'm getting it confused with cockatiels which means they're split to pied but in tiels Pied is Recessive and it shows normally when one is split to pied

but i was looking through older pics yesterday and realized Jade my Normal Green Opaline budgie has a "clear" feather in her flight feathers

Ok now that I look at it again It's partially clear

Is that how Normal Green Budgies flight feathers are? LOL she is my own Normal green and I don't give Normal green budgies much attention when I see them at stores, on websites, etc because I never wanted any (she came in a group of 6)

oh and she's also my female who's cere never changes and she's never laid an egg - got some information from another forum on why that may be of course its not 100% sure BUT it would make sense but hoping she's just not found the right boy in my flock yet

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahh That explains it :D and that's probably what i was reading when i saw it but couldn't remember

my brain goes a mile a minute and bounces every where So I probably was reading something on Opaline's and then Pieds and got the 2 mixed up LOL

So is just a single feather for the Opaline's? or is supposed to be more?? now I need to go look at a couple others that I can't figure out if they're Opaline or not LOL

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It's because she is opaline

It is usual for opalines to have that clear patch on their flight feathers. Occasionally a bird that is not opaline will have the same mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.