Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
budgie A and C both looks like males to me and B and C ,females. budgie B i think is a normal gery, and C,a skyblue opaline and A looks like a darkgreen normal but cant be sure because im seeing only front and, not sure about C either,same reason:)
and they are really beautiful, congradulations on the new additions. and by the way i can be very wrong about their mutations, because im new to it but am positive about thier sex's

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!

budgie A and C both looks like males to me and B and C ,females. budgie B i think is a normal gery, and C,a skyblue opaline and A looks like a darkgreen normal but cant be sure because im seeing only front and, not sure about C either,same reason:)
and they are really beautiful, congradulations on the new additions. and by the way i can be very wrong about their mutations, because im new to it but am positive about thier sex's
You mentioned C as male and then female. (typing error, I guess).

You got some mutations right. :)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
A - Olive Green Male
B- Grey Cinnamon Female
C- Light Green Opaline- Male
D- Sky blue Opaline - FEMALE - Just because it was born in 09 doesn't Make it a male - the cere would be Extremely dark blue if it was a male and its not its mainly white with light blue - I have one that I got as an Adult in 07(4 yrs ago) her cere has never changed from white with light blue and she's Female. Reason being (not sure but it is what makes sense) her reproductive system is messed up because Mine has NEVER laid eggs, and won't even allow another bird near her she doesn't let them preen her, feed her nothing, She wants left alone by all other birds

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you!

A - Olive Green Male
B- Grey Cinnamon Female
C- Light Green Opaline- Male
D- Sky blue Opaline - FEMALE - Just because it was born in 09 doesn't Make it a male - the cere would be Extremely dark blue if it was a male and its not its mainly white with light blue - I have one that I got as an Adult in 07(4 yrs ago) her cere has never changed from white with light blue and she's Female. Reason being (not sure but it is what makes sense) her reproductive system is messed up because Mine has NEVER laid eggs, and won't even allow another bird near her she doesn't let them preen her, feed her nothing, She wants left alone by all other birds
What I meant was that initially due to cere color, we also though that she was young.

She seems friendly with others though.

Don't you think that "A" is Grey Green male due to grey cheek patches?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Aww you got a grey english! I'm so Jealous of you!!! I wanted a grey one sooo bad!!lol.
Sorry but I'm no good with mutations :eek:
However I do believe A=male
B=female
c=male
:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
sorry about that,(saying c is a male and again saying female ):eek:
i had meant to say D was a female
and am glad to know i am at least getting some mutation correct:)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry about that,(saying c is a male and again saying female ):eek:
i had meant to say D was a female
and am glad to know i am at least getting some mutation correct:)
Don't worry. For everyone, mutations are hard to learn in the beginning.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
What I meant was that initially due to cere color, we also though that she was young.

She seems friendly with others though.

Don't you think that "A" is Grey Green male due to grey cheek patches?

Cheek patches look Violet to me not Grey/silver

This is my Grey Green - as you can see the Patches are Grey-Silver

and the body is not so Olive looking like yours is.

oh and Also Sometimes the bands aren't correct- I got a English Budgie from a bird fair with a band on - According to the band the bird is 16 yrs old! and I highly Doubt he's 16 years old! - The breeder used old bands on the bird and now All I know is he's an Adult not his actual age :/

·
Registered
68 Posts
my grey green hens colour is similar to A,
at least, i am sure its more olive looking than yours atvchick.
so does that mean the colour can vary within grey green budgies?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Cheek patches look Violet to me not Grey/silver

This is my Grey Green - as you can see the Patches are Grey-Silver

and the body is not so Olive looking like yours is.

oh and Also Sometimes the bands aren't correct- I got a English Budgie from a bird fair with a band on - According to the band the bird is 16 yrs old! and I highly Doubt he's 16 years old! - The breeder used old bands on the bird and now All I know is he's an Adult not his actual age :/
Would you please check out "Nev's" comments regarding the same topic (Grey Green) in this thread.

http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=73813

You are right about bands. I have heard it from other people too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.