Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I was waiting for the fids to start playing on their new play gym so I could capture the fun. In typical fashion they, of course, ignored it completely! Little rascals. So it turned into a photo shoot instead.

For a change, and because I can, I decided to document the whole shoot.

This one was over 10 mins. I don't use multi-shoot because it doesn't work with a flash on my camera, and I need the flash to get a half way decent pic. I use a Panasonic DMC TZ20 on auto-focus and a shutter speed of 1/1600 for these pics.

So here it is, what you typically don't see.

Uncropped, unedited pics :)

And what you normally would see. Pretty or at least not too bad flying pics.

My favourites

SeaBreeze showing off her colours

BlueBird showing off hers

Kelp crash landing

So there it is, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Reactions: JohnW
G

·
haha i think i am going to attempt to catch some flight shots tomorrow.

i still haven't got my 'perfect' flight shot yet, tho i have caught some pretty good ones before.. including Freki's derp flight shot lol

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think I am doing too bad, 34 pics and 6 usable flight shots that is a 5.5:1 ratio :laughing:

I really do need to play with the settings some more though. This middle of the winter light is giving me some horrible grainy photos.

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
I love how in the first one everybody's flying around except for the little green guy who's just sitting there hanging out. :giggle: You got some really great shots, Li. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.