Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of all the mutations i've seen, i've never seen a green bellied bird with white face and wings.

I guess it's not possible, my question is how come? And is there any way it could be done (via breeding, not unnatural methods). :)

Also, any photo shoppers out there that can realistically change the belly to green, on a photo of a normal blue? :p Just to see what it'd look like haha.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Someone will come and explain it better for you, but this is what I think...

I don't think it is possible because you will eithier get a white-based budgie (Causing the white face and blue chest), a yellow-based budgie (Which makes them green and have a yellow face) or a yellow-faced budgie.

One way to explain it is all budgies have blue bellies, but they turn green because they are yellow-based, and stay blue when they are white-based. Yellow-based budgies have yellow faces just because they are yellow-based. Yellow-faced budgies are different story though, but I'm not going to get into that. White-based budgies just don't have the yellow, which leaves them with a white face, and blue belly. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

I'm not really sure, but at least I tried to explain. :D

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Think thats pretty much it Kassidy.
They would look interesting. Could name them Mint or something :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.