Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not contain my excitement! It has been approximately 25 min since i have unboxed a blue male budgie. He's a little on the heavy side and is quite tame! Out of the box he sat on my hand like this was a normal occurance. He didn't understand step up so passing him to others was not easy. He is currently standing with his to be girlfriend Faithful the albino. <3:Love birds:

·
Member of the Month June 2015
2,510 Posts
Hi Noelle and congratulations on your new flock member :)

It is strongly recommended that you keep him in quarantine for 6 - 8 weeks minimum to avoid passing any hidden diseases onto your other bird.

The quarantine procedure involves housing him in a separate cage in a separate room from the other budgie and washing your hands every time you leave the quarantine room before touching anything that might come into contact with your existing budgie.

It is very important to take these steps in order to prevent illness passing between the birds even if he looks okay at present. As we know, birds mask signs of illness extremely well.

You should also make an appointment with an avian vet for a health check for the new bird (quarantine procedures will still apply).

I look forward to hearing all about your new feathered friend.

·
Member Spotlight Award March 2016
1,887 Posts
:)Greetings welcome aboard.glad you could join us.you just got some wonderful helpful advice from our lovely friend here.looking forward to seeing some photos soon.blessings and we're here if you need to ask any questions.

·
Super Moderator
18,459 Posts
What an adorable little budgie! Cobalt double factor violet, I see--that vibrant purple gets to me every time :love:

I'm glad you're quarantining him from Faithful :thumbsup:

Do you have any other pictures of his cere? From the slightly blurry one you posted, I see mostly whitish blue, and if that is the case, he is a beautiful girl ;)

Many congratulations on your new arrival! :congrats:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I had him/her in a separate cage to begin with. For the cere, it is mostly blue and slowly crawling over the white. If He is a girl I would end up with 3 girls and one already paired male!! Glacier was sold to me as a boy to make my cage even. I hope Faithful flexible! :Love birds:

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,787 Posts
Congratulations on your new budgie friend! :party:

From the one blurry photo and your description your Glacier is likely a young female. :)

I'm moving your thread to the New Budgie Arrivals section, where it's most appropriate.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats Linda!!

A baby budgie you say? Can't wait to hear their name!! I have a few ideas based off the pic

Cotton
Sweetie Drop
Marshmallow
Sugar
Snowflake
Dew

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.