Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Everyone!!! This afternoon i was out in the back yard and this bird flew down right beside me while i was cleaning out the bird bath...This bird is wild i have never seen a Willie Wag Tail so Friendly..
Anyways the Willie Wag Tail was following me around the yard and when i stopped he was right behind me and pecked me on the back of the heal as if to say why did you stop walking I got him to sit on my finger but didn't get a photo as mum was inside...
Then i sat in one of the chairs out the back and he came and sat on the other chair right beside me it was so strange a wild bird doing this... Maybe it is dad and he has come back as a Willie Wag Tail but i'm being silly.. The Willie Wag Tail sat on the chair for ages and then jumped in the tree beside me.. I went back into the yard for a wonder and there was the Willie Wag Tail following me around the yard like a dog it was really funny and strange. Ill get mum to take a video of it next time he is here.
Do Willie Wag Tails do this maybe someone in Australia can tell me...I sat on the ground and he jumped on my lap...Hear are some photo's i took of him he is so cute..

Willie Wag Tail on the chair..

Right beside me.

This is where he was going to jump on me..

Sitting in the tree near where i was sitting.

So Cute..Maybe he will make friends with Indi

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well what a cute little visitor...whatever you are doing in your backyard he obviously likes it. Thanks for sharing those pics, I never even heard of a Willie Wag Tail.

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deanna he is an Australian bird maybe that is why you haven't heard of him.. He is so cute ill try to get a photo of him on my hand next time he is still a bit shy. Glad you liked the photo's...

·
Registered
230 Posts
All the ones I have seen are scared of people, so you are lucky that he was so freindly :D

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the ones I have seen are scared of people, so you are lucky that he was so freindly :D
Yeah i no i couldn't believe it usually they are scared of people but this one is not he follows me around the yard i call him and he comes... I hope he stays here as i would like to get a photo of him on my hand if i can you can walk right up to him and when we sit on the ground he comes right up to you and sits on our laps... There are two of them here.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Your new little friend is lovely, I hope he will continue to visit you and Indi! ;)

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I know it might sound silly but maybe this little guy was a gift from your dad? He knew it would cheer you up and willie wag tails are so shy! I've never seen one so friendly in my life and they are one of my favourite little birds. Thank you for sharing him with us, these photos are so special.

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,333 Posts
A new

How cute, Lyn, I know nothing about them. what do they eat? It sounds like you may have a pair with perhaps a family

---Hey dad we are starved!!!!! More please!!

:budge: How neat if they stick around. Enjoy, but wash your hands before touching Indi. Blessings, Jo Ann :budge:

·
Registered
230 Posts
At my house, I have something like that... but imagine 50 sparrows :D they will eat out of our hands, but don't like the camera...

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Everyone!!! Ill reply back to everyone later today... My little feathered friend was back again this morning calling out for me so i went into the back yard and there he was sitting on the chair again there are two of them male and female... Ill try to get some more photo's but it is so strange for him to just want to be in contact with us humans mind you this is a Wild bird... I couldn't believe my eyes on how friendly he is...

·
Member of the Month September 2012
3,691 Posts
That's just such a wonderful thing, Lyn - How sweet!
I don't believe that bird is or was your Dad - I do believe, however, that it was The Good Lord, the creator of all life; who knows you heart, and loves you very much; who sent that little bird your way to give you some wonder, comfort and joy, and put a smile on your face at a time when you really need one...

Reactions: Jo Ann

·
Registered
521 Posts
I don't believe that bird is or was your Dad - I do believe, however, that it was The Good Lord, the creator of all life; who knows you heart, and loves you very much; who sent that little bird your way to give you some wonder, comfort and joy, and put a smile on your face at a time when you really need one...
Amen, I couldn't agree more. The Lord is good and is the God of all comfort.

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I no that the little bird wan't dad maybe dad sent him to me to comfort me or what you said about the creator of life... It was a sign from someone and i thought it was sent to me from dad but anyway it doesn't matter where or who sent him to me i am glad that i had a beautiful little Wild bird come and sit on my lap and finger and he followed me around the yard and pecked me from behind was really strange no wild bird has ever done that before.. I am glad that you liked the photo's Ollie ill try to get a photo with him on my lap or beside me next time. I no that my dad loves me he told me he didn't have to show it as i new he did anyway...I just miss him... The bird gave me a little bit to smile about...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.