Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Member of the Month October 2008
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally I would not post something like this. But I think this very special birthday deserves it.

Today, 6th September my Dad turns 92 years of age. And it is also Father's Day here in Australia (and New Zealand).

Yesterday we had a lovely lunch to celebrate at the Returned Services Club that my Father was a Director of for nearly 50 years. We had a good laugh as Dad is a Life Member of the club and yesterday he showed us that his membership runs out in 2050.

I know this may not interest many people but I feel this milestone could not go by without some recognition. It was my father that got me interested in birds in the first place as he had a big aviary full of Finches when I was little. He also got me my first budgies.

Happy Birthday to my wonderful Father (Merv).

· Member of the Month April 2014
3,540 Posts
Well this is indeed a milestone for celebration and Happy 92nd B-day to your father, Kate! Everyday of life is a celebration and it's a grand blessing for one's longevity as grand as this.:thumbsup:

Here's to many more years ahead for your Pappy Merv:cheers:

· Registered
315 Posts
What a lovely post. Happy birthday to your dad. :2thumbs::clap::b-day:

My mother is no spring chicken either (!); I don't live in the same town as her. When I go visit - more often now - and when we speak on the phone, I value every moment we have despite certain 'challenges' of the past! This is especially important as she is the only family I have.

Enjoy, and thanks for sharing this. Wishing your dad (and my mum) many more birthdays.

x x x x

· Member of the Month October 2008
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you S. I can relate to what you say. I lost my Mum in 2003 and technically I am an only child. My parents were divorced and both re-married. I have step brothers and sisters, but they are different, they are not blood, as much as I love them, it is just not the same.

And I do hope your mother has many more birthdays to come too.

· Member of the Month June 2014
10,323 Posts
Kate say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR FATHER Merv for me. You are so lucky to have him he is truly a lucky man to have a wonderful daughter like you Kate. I hope he has many many more birthdays that you can share with each other. I miss my dad so much and being fathers day to day we miss celebrating it with him but he is with us even though we can't see him anymore...

· Registered
12,566 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERV, WOW what an amazing milestone KAte!
I am sure he had a wonderful day with his friends and yourself. I am especially happy to hear he is still well and enjoying life to the full. Have another beer on me Merv and God Bless you for all that you have done in the past for your fellow men and country.
:clap::clap::party2::best_wishes:

· Registered
315 Posts
Thank you S. I can relate to what you say. I lost my Mum in 2003 and technically I am an only child. My parents were divorced and both re-married. I have step brothers and sisters, but they are different, they are not blood, as much as I love them, it is just not the same.

And I do hope your mother has many more birthdays to come too.
Thank you. I know what you mean about being an only child. Not being part of a 'support unit' / family is hard for me at times, even now, that I am no longer an actual child! To be honest, I find certain times of year hard. Wonder if anyone else has that 'sinking feeling' when they go to the hairdresser (and I don't mean the one I get when I see myself in the mirror! :eek:) but when the girls talk about all the family events going on, especially at Christmas time, and through the summer. But, I know none of us get a full hand in life, and so I'm grateful for what I do have, though some days I need to remind myself! :).... Long may we have our parents!

· Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Happy Birthday, Merv!! :party3:
It really is wonderful to celebrate this milestone and I agree with you, Kate, each day with our loved ones is a real blessing and I also make the most of it with my only grandmother who is 93 years old.

I'm sending my best wishes to you and your father and truly hope he will get that message from the Queen of England and additional messages for each year that follows. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.