Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member of the Month September 2012
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched Talk Budgies for this video link, to see if it's already been posted - (it didn't return any search results, though I'm sure many of you may have seen it). Even if you have, I'm sure you'll agree it's worth a second look:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZYA3NRCHyQ"]Boo, our courageous injured pet parakeet - YouTube[/nomedia]

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
It's been a while since I've seen this! Thanks for posting :) It really is a very touching story! She's been able to adapt amazingly well!

·
Born2Bfree, bred2Bcaptive
2,887 Posts
Thank you so very much for bringing this video to our attention. I think I have seen it too, but goodness, you can't get enough of this vid. So much love!

·
Administrator
56,551 Posts
I actually have Boo's video bookmarked on my computer because the first time I saw it I was moved to tears. What a wonderful, courageous and brave little bird!

Thanks for sharing the video with everyone. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
That was a very beautiful story of a courageous budgie and his caring owners. I have seen so many windows without blinds on them in photos. I always worried about that, it only takes one time, one mistake. I changed the blinds where the birds were shortly after I got them. The old blinds were due. They were supposed to be white vertical but were mostly yellow. I got some thick horrizontal that look like wood but are less expensive. I am hoping the birds would not go in that direction. However accidents happen he could have hit a wall just the same. I guess design is a really important thing with lots of safe landing spots. :)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I'm sorry I can't say enough about that video. I think it shows that when you are not negative you can accomplish just about anything. Did you see him land on the guys shoulder that was a touchy thing. Nobody told the bird "hey you will never fly and land again and somehow with his paralyzed legs he lands on the guys shoulder, amazing!

·
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually have Boo's video bookmarked on my computer because the first time I saw it I was moved to tears. What a wonderful, courageous and brave little bird!

Thanks for sharing the video with everyone. :thumbsup:
My pleasure. :) Over here it's bookmarked, downloaded, and soon to be on my iPod! ;)

·
2,887 Posts
Did you see him land on the guys shoulder that was a touchy thing. Nobody told the bird "hey you will never fly and land again and somehow with his paralyzed legs he lands on the guys shoulder, amazing!
That was the moment when my eyes got very teary.

·
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sorry I can't say enough about that video. I think it shows that when you are not negative you can accomplish just about anything. Did you see him land on the guys shoulder that was a touchy thing. Nobody told the bird "hey you will never fly and land again and somehow with his paralyzed legs he lands on the guys shoulder, amazing!
Good point about the windows and shades - Very important! And it is valuable to note how that little bird doesn't go by the concept of being handicapped, as we humans often do, and are therefore limited by someone else's words about our condition...

·
2,887 Posts
Yes SPBudgie. We often cannot adapt to our disabilities. I believe the birds are much better in this area.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Thanks for sharing this Ollie,
this is really touching. Boo's custodians are so nice and Boo has never given up.
What a wonderful movie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.