Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I don't know about acorn, but I just discovered roasted butternut squash and it is delicious!! In fact, I'm making some right now :D just peel it, scrape out the guts, and cut it into like 1-1.5 inch cubes. Put some oil and spices on it (I use salt, pepper, cinnamon, paprika, cumin - just a little of all) and roast it at 400 degrees for like 30-45 minutes! It's like candy

·
Registered
436 Posts
I don't know about acorn, but I just discovered roasted butternut squash and it is delicious!! In fact, I'm making some right now :D just peel it, scrape out the guts, and cut it into like 1-1.5 inch cubes. Put some oil and spices on it (I use salt, pepper, cinnamon, paprika, cumin - just a little of all) and roast it at 400 degrees for like 30-45 minutes! It's like candy

found this in the garden, cut it in half, scraped the guts out, added a few spices and a little bit of sugar, baked it, ate it. it was good....keetman

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Acorn's are good baked in oven with butter in each half, and brown sugar and cinnamon sprinkled over them. Guy's I used to work with would by Bob evens ground sausage and stuff each half with the sausage, cover with foil, and cook on grill until sausage was done, and they swore it was to die for, but I have never tried it......yet.....:D

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Randy, if you bake it in the oven like that, do you peel the skin off?
No...peel the foil lid off, and eat it right out of the skin...:)

·
Member of the Month
890 Posts
Exactly how Randy said with the butter etc. I use brown sugar. Gah, it's really good too. You can make butternut the same way. Sometimes I dice butternut and roast it with garlic and olive oil, but most squash better halved and baked in the skin with buttery sweet goodness.

... think I might go buy one for my supper!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.