Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
I had my green budgie boy Raz for over a year and a half since he was about 8-10wks. He became very bonded/tamed(?) with me. I eventually bought Nemo as a friend for him as my schedule had increased so less time to be with Raz and like you I felt bad about leaving him alone without me all day. I was also worried about our bond disappearing but he is still really tamed but also bonded to Nemo (which is only natural being both budgies).

By tamed I mean he still comes over to me of his own free will to play, sit on my shoulder (or head), he still copies everything I say, still wants kisses and snuggles into my cheek, still comes to me for headscratches, still comes when I call for him, steals my food, steps up.

In fact him being so happy to hang with me still has allowed Nemo (untamed) to be more curious and comfortable with me too. But again this was after more than a year of him being with just me so not sure if that makes a difference or not. I'm certain it is possible you just have to put time and effort in when you're there :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.