Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Super Moderator
20,048 Posts
I am not sure but then again the others have answered saying it is a boy. With the colour of the cere I would have guessed female but, I have a sister who has a budgie who has a pink cere as well. I searched up on it and I found out he is a recessive pied which makes his cere pink. And is often mistaken for a hen. I am still needing a lot of experience with budgies so I would definitely agree on what the others are saying (that it is a boy). I hope you and Albus become great friends and companions.
Hello and welcome to the forums,

Albus and Bluebell are very beautiful; Bluebell is indeed a girl and Albus is a boy. In response to the above comment, while the poster's budgie was recessive pied, Albus' mutation is cobalt spangle. The reason his cere is pink is because all young males, regardless of mutation, have pink ceres, which may or may not turn blue later depending on their mutation. Young females have whitish or pale blue ceres with no pink that are often more matte in appearance which turn brown when they are mature and in breeding condition. Albus' cere will turn blue when he gets older.

Both are gorgeous and you've come to the best place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices :) FaeryBee has offered excellent advice; please be sure to read through the forums' many budgie articles and "stickies" as well to ensure you're up to date on everything.

We hope to hear updates on Albus and Bluebell soon!

Cheers :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.