Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought little Aello from Petsmart on the 12th, have despite all the research I did on mutations and colouring, i have yet to find out his/her gender and mutation grouping.

Aello is of course the one in front. Ignore Kiwi's curiosity with the camera.

Is white with faint tints of yellow on his wings, head, and fail feathers. Cere is a bright pink, so it leads me to believe that he is either not that old, or is female. Bright black eyes, and no stripes whatsoever, striking out albino to me.

Any and all help is appreciated with my little one. Thank you!

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
From the picture and the description you provided, I think it's a male Double Factor Spangle. :) An Albino would have red eyes. I could definitely be wrong though.

·
Registered
16,696 Posts
Aww, what a cutie pie. Congratulations on your new addition! Love the name! :)

I'm no expert on mutations so I won't hazard a guess. :rolleyes:

On an unrelated note, make sure when you bring a new budgie home, you quarantine them for a minimum of thirty days. This period of time typically gives us an adequate time to determine whether or not the new bird has an illness that could be passed on to your existing flock. :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
He is a male and I would like to say he is a dark eyed clear and not albino. He would only be albino if he has red/tint of red in his eyes. His cere will probably stay a pinkish/purpley color his whole life because of his mutation but I am not sure since I am not very good with mutations so I am sure someone else will come along to tell you for sure. You may want to try posting a picture under the genetics and mutations section too. There are tons of very knowledgeable people on here to help you out :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Aello is a male. He is very young

Alleo looks like a yellow face dark eyed clear because of his pink feet and orange beak but he could be a yellow face double factor spangle that is also recessive pied

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
Definitely a boy, not that I need to clear it up - there are better experts here, LOL. But he is not albino, I have an albino boy and his eyes are plum color:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.