Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sindel and Penguin were very happy and thankful to all for being at the podium on the Small Bird category of Talk Budgies Bird Show. The whole flock of lovebirds and budgies celebrated the wins with lots of tasty treats and an extended out of cage play time. ;)
Today I took a few after party pictures of my two winning girls.

Here is Sindel, she is a violet Fischer's lovebird and mother to Lotas and Khaleesi. She took the bronze home. :third:

You can see her stompy big toe (I got her like that) and she does have a very strong grip despite only having half the toe.

Khaleesi had to show up for a little reunion with his estranged mother

My stray rescue girl, Penguin. She is a blue masked lovebird and took the gold home. :first:

Khaleesi also congratulated Penguin

The girls also got a couple of presents for doing so well in the competition.
Penguin got a new birdie bathtub that matches her colours.

Sindel got a new swing, she absolutely loves to ride them, unlike most of my lovebirds.

This is Sindel's mate, Nico. He is a Ficher's lovebird and father to Lotas and Khaleesi. He is a shrimpy fellow, the smallest of them all and I call him "Nikito" all the time due to his size.

He is drop dead gorgeous in my opinion and the one with the most beautiful colours.

He is really sweet and the most well behaved lovebird, I have never seen him in any kind of trouble.

I love this little guy, sorry for posting so many pics of him...:eek:

This is Fénix, she/he is Penguin's cage mate, his/her beak is always up to something.

And last but not least, Lotas who won second place on last year's Bird Show.

Reactions: Cheeno

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,537 Posts
Congratz again to Sindel and Penguin for their victories from Artoo, Betty, Chewie, Betty, Shaq, Kobe, and Bella!:party2:

Reactions: aluz

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
They are just beautiful birds Aluz...thx for sharing, and congrats again on their show placements...:cool:

Reactions: aluz

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, everyone! :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Congratulations to you and your gorgeous lovebirds. In my opinion they're all very beautiful. Great gifts too. My Julio loves to bathe in the bathtub (his/hers is yellow). He dives into it and being on the chubby side, most of the water ends up outside :D My budgie like it too...

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations to you and your gorgeous lovebirds. In my opinion they're all very beautiful. Great gifts too. My Julio loves to bathe in the bathtub (his/hers is yellow). He dives into it and being on the chubby side, most of the water ends up outside :D My budgie like it too...
Thanks, Patricia! All my lovebirds take baths almost daily so I know the bathtub will be put to good use. ;)

·
Administrator
59,662 Posts
Aluz,
Your lovebirds are absolutely gorgeous.
I'm in love with all of them!!
Thanks for sharing their after party pictures with us and Congratulations again to Penguin and Sindel!

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The flock and I thank you, Trish and Deb! :)

Hi Squirt, my Nico isn't a fan of head rubs, he would rather have his mate preen him than me! My Khaleesi is the only one of the lovebirds who loves my head scratches. ;)

Thanks, Allie! If only you could see them in real life, their vibrant colours are incredible and have much more depth than the budgies. Pictures don't do them enough justice.

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They are all so beautiful :love: Nico's beak is huge, LOL
Thanks again, everyone! :)

His beak only looks huge because his entire body and head is freakishly small, all my red beaked lovebirds have about the same length when it comes to the size of their beaks.
Nico must have been lacking some nutrition as a chick. I only got him when his body was done "growing up" at about 7 - 8 months old.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.