Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
Your bird appears to be an adult male. Once a bird is mature it is not possible to tell the age. I think I can see the iris rings in his eye in the first picture, am I correct? If so he is over 9 months old, beyond that you cannot tell.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your bird appears to be an adult male. Once a bird is mature it is not possible to tell the age. I think I can see the iris rings in his eye in the first picture, am I correct? If so he is over 9 months old, beyond that you cannot tell.
Ok thank you yeah I think he has iris rings I’m pretty sure

·
Administrator
57,084 Posts
I agree with Cody with regard to your budgie's age and gender.
Is there a problem at the very bottom of his cere? In the second picture it looks very scaly and I'm concerned as to whether he may have scaly mites.
Could you post a full-frontal picture of the cere?

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

Avian Association of Veterinarians

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
List of Stickies
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with Cody with regard to your budgie's age and gender.
Is there a problem at the very bottom of his cere? In the second picture it looks very scaly and I'm concerned as to whether he may have scaly mites.
Could you post a full-frontal picture of the cere?

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

Avian Association of Veterinarians

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
List of Stickies
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory
I’ll try get a photo first thing in the morning as he’s asleep right now and I don’t want to disturb him, it looked fine to me but I’m not quite as clued up as a lot of people, I only got him today so he’s a bit shy and doesn’t really like me getting close at the moment, hopefully he will come round in the next few days

·
Administrator
57,084 Posts
He is a VERY handsome fellow!
Is he your only budgie?
What have you named him?

I'll look for an updated photo from you tomorrow. 💜

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah he is my first budgie and I called him Rio, he hasn’t eaten yet I’m not sure if he’s just shy, I bought him a big cage which will be here Saturday, going to get some millet today, he just seems to be staying still, he’s a bit more active today but I think he’s just unsure of his new surroundings possibly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.