Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone could take a guess at the age, sex and mutation of one of Kogo_Shuko's (my daughter) new budgies. She recently acquired two budgies from a lady who said that the two birds were 3 years old. However, the yellow one is much smaller than the blue one and has some strange dark markings appearing on the top of its forehead.
I'm hoping someone can give us a suggestion as to the age, sex and mutation of this budgie. I've attached two photos of the little guy by himself and one of him sitting beside his cage mate. The quality isn't the best. The markings on the bird's forehead are much darker than what is appearing in the photo.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
(retired budgie breeder)
3,772 Posts
I suck at mutations but l'd guess recessive pied ****, cant guess at the age though, over a year i'd say.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ya I also am not an expert but i'd say a golden face sky blue recessive pied, and male, and I think around......................a year ish

·
Registered
291 Posts
i have no idea about mutations but i'd say a girl, sorry thats all i have.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Yellow Face type 2 Recessive pied sky blue Male

i'm not 100% but I'm 89% sure :)

I say yellow face type 2, because the face is darker yellow and the Sky blue is more a sea foam green - which is what a type 2 yellow face does - it spreads the yellow through out the body and turns the Sky blue(which is normally bright blue) into a sea foam green color

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It is a type 2 yellow face sky blue recessive pied. The yellow has spread through the body as tpye 2s usually do. It is a male (the cere stays pink on males of this mutation). It is hard to tell the age of a recessive pied because their eyes don't get iris rings but he looks mature. The fact that he is smaller hasn't anything do do with his age. The marks on his head are not very clear but I think they're just part of his coloring

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for everyone's advice. I was pretty sure he was male and a recessive pied. It was the small stature and the dark markings on his head that was confusing me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.