Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a question. i have an albino hen and a green **** and they currently have 3 babies hatched and 3 more eggs to hatch. and i was just wondering if the babies were born with red eyes automatically or if they were black then changed. i was just wondering because they all have black eyes so far and my dad said that it make be like human babies where they are all born with a certain color eyes and then it changes. (if i remember correctly) so. i was just wondering because im hoping for some albino babies.

·
<- - Have you met Blooby?
1 Posts
That is a good question. I never bothered to even think of that.
Hopefully someone can answer it because now I'm curious.

I would think though that they are born with the eye color the mutation is linked to.

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hm well i was just curious with my albino and such :S i was hoping someone would know because i couldnt find anything about it

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
They are born with red eyes. And you said you have an albino hen so if the **** is not split for albino then none of the chicks will be albino but about 50% will be males split for albino.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
You wont get any albinos from this pair. Albino is sex linked, so from this pair no female chicks will carry the gene at all, all male chicks will carry the gene in split form but will not be ino themselves. They would have a 50% chance of fathering FEMALE albinos, but the easiest way to get inos is for both parents to be ino, or at least dad to be ino or split for ino.

A lone female ino will never produce inos herself. Also, inos are born with red eyes and they do not change colour.

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so if i wanted albino babies i could breed one of the male from this clutch in about a year and a half with any female i have and have a chance of getting an albino then? i dont know how any of this works.

·
&#9829;Budgies No.1 fan&#9829;
3,368 Posts
if you have a female albino some where then i think it could work

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
so if i wanted albino babies i could breed one of the male from this clutch in about a year and a half with any female i have and have a chance of getting an albino then? i dont know how any of this works.
You're right. A male from this pair mated to any hen will produce some ino female chicks. If a male from this pair was mated to an ino hen you'd get some inos of both sexes

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're right. A male from this pair mated to any hen will produce some ino female chicks. If a male from this pair was mated to an ino hen you'd get some inos of both sexes
thanks nev. ill see what i can do. i would love to get a ino male and lutino male. i will see where this goes with my birds. i really dont want to breed too much. id much rather keep them friendly pet birds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.