Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible that 2 green budgies ( split to blue) could produce an albino baby?

A friend of mine who has 2 pair of budgies told me that he was surprised to see that both of his pairs produced each one a little whit budgie.

One of the pairs is blue, so it is possible ( not exactly albino, but dark-eyed clear or df spangle, depends of the parents mutations. )
But second one in a pair of green budgies, both. He doesn’t knew to tell me exactly their mutations, but he said thei are both green.

Could that pair of green ,possible split to blue , produce a white budgie?

I thought he might have replaced by accident an egg of the other pair to the green one, because the other one got an albino too, but he said no. There is no possibility.

What do you think ?
I didn’t hear such a case.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Two green budgies can have an albino chick if the male is split for ino and both birds are split for blue.

If both the green birds are spangle and both are split for blue they could produce a white double factor spangle chick

If the birds are colony breeding there is no guarantee the the pair that raised the chick are it's natural parents

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
Two green budgies can have an albino chick if the male is split for ino and both birds are split for blue.

If both the green birds are spangle and both are split for blue they could produce a white double factor spangle chick

If the birds are colony breeding there is no guarantee the the pair that raised the chick are it's natural parents
I never knew that, thanks for sharing Nev :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thank you Nev for the answer!

That's what i wanted to know. I thought that for producing a blue baby ,it is necessary that at least one of the parent be visual blue and the second one to be split to blue. I didn't knew that they could be both split to blue.
The rest i knew, with the mutations.
Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.