Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abby is Lutino & Topaz appears normal sky blue.First clutch only produced 1 Normal green male.Second clutch has produced 4,1 is normal green again 1 is white red eyes & 2 little ones are still pink but also have red eyes.I know that Topaz has to be split ino but would producing an albino mean he is split albino or is it just called "ïno".It was a beautiful surprise as I was not expecting a white baby!

G

·
Abby is Lutino & Topaz appears normal sky blue.First clutch only produced 1 Normal green male.Second clutch has produced 4,1 is normal green again 1 is white red eyes & 2 little ones are still pink but also have red eyes.I know that Topaz has to be split ino but would producing an albino mean he is split albino or is it just called "ïno".It was a beautiful surprise as I was not expecting a white baby!
It appears Abby is split blue and Topaz is split ino. Green is dominant over blue. If albino appears, it indicates that the mother hen is split for blue.

You will be expecting albino and lutino in your red eyes chicks. Congratulations.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
ino is a general term for the gene that causes albino and lutino budgies.

you can think of you lutino as a green ino and your albino as a blue ino if that helps.

so you lutino must be split for blue, and your male split for ino as you said. so they have produced a blue ino = an albino. the other red eyed chicks could be albino or lutino as jimm-v said.

what a lovely surprise for you!

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
Awwwww, that is a fantastic surprise. :)

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
We are always in for a suprise when we start breeding! That is another thing I love about it :)
Can't wait to see pictures of the whole clutch ;)
Congrats!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.