Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! This is my sweet boy Darwin. Since I've had him, he's had these streaks of brown barring on the side of his head

after his molt, i noticed some more brown barring coming in on his wings and some blue on his butt feathers near his vent

here is the new barring coming in on his wings

What could this be??? his eyes are 100% red by the way

·
Registered
Two females, Cobbler and Mango. One male, Pickles.
106 Posts
I don’t know much about budgie colors and genetics but my guess could be that your budgie is not albino but a fallow budgie with lots of white. Fallows have red eyes as well but they also have more or less normal budgie colors. Not 100% sure on this and you should wait for the experts to reply as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t know much about budgie colors and genetics but my guess could be that your budgie is not albino but a fallow budgie with lots of white. Fallows have red eyes as well but they also have more or less normal budgie colors. Not 100% sure on this and you should wait for the experts to reply as well.
that could be it!! i don't know if fallows can be pied but if so, maybe he's very pied... thank you for your input :D

·
Super Moderator
18,249 Posts
No, he actually is albino. Some albinos can have one or two feathers with faint barring on them, this is normal. :) Fallows have visible and dark cheek patches while albino budgies like your boy don't have any :D He's adorable!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts