Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bred my two spangles and they produced 5 albino females, and 1 DF spangle. So what a surprise that daddy is split ino lol. A 2nd breeding pair I found out was split ino as well lol. I was wondering if the albinos can mask spangle. And if so, how does that gene work on albino? Since momma is opaline, the male DF spangle would be split opaline? Anything else?

here are pictures for fun :)

Parents:
Aurora and Cheeko:

4 of 5 albino babies. Winter and Flake had too much fun with their pink fruity perch lol. Half of the babies are pink faced lol. Too bad it doesn't stay lol. That would be cute :)
Flake:

Winter:

Sally:

Blanca:

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Yes Albino masks almost everything and it would work like it normally would only you wouldn't see it

so if you put a Albino who's masking Spangle with a non spangle you'd get spangle babies

I have a female Albino who masks Dominant Pied, Opaline, and either Masking or split to (haven't figured out which yet) Recessive pied & Grey wing

and another one that so far I know she's Masking Opaline - she's only had 3 babies so not sure what else she's masking

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Your albino chicks will all be female. Some of them will probably be masking single factor spangle and some will be masking double factor spangle. The albinos won't have inherited the opaline gene unless the father is split for opaline - if he is some could be masking opaline.

Any male chicks from this pair will be split for opaline and half of them will be split for ino

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi, i dont know much about the mutations, first off have to say beautiful birds.....Mom, Dad and the chicks, but is it the picture or do all the chicks have dark eyes? none of them appear red eyed, which would mean their not albino....isn't there another mutation that looks albino with the regular eye color?

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome :) I kept the only non-albino lol. They are albinos because they all have red eyes and no color in their feathers.

here is another picture, and one of my favorites lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.