Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya I couldn't figure out what to title it lol

I know Albino's have a shine (as does Lutinos) that usually can't be seen unless the light hits just right, or the flash hits just right

but All the ones I've had was a Sky blue sheen -

But While I was in the birds room tonight I was looking at Angel and his isn't the Sky blue sheen (well i've noticed before many times just always forgot to ask lol)

His is more of a Greyish Violet color but in pretty much all the pics I have his sheen does look sky blue (Thanks to the flash) but does the sheen mean anything? I just always assumed the Albino blue sheen was because they're blue series, Because Lutino's have a Green Sheen For Green Series (not sure if that's what it really means though but it works lol)

if it makes a difference Angel's Dad was Grey, His mom is Albino And so far has not surprised me with her being masked or split to anything (I've never got a surprise out of any of the babies she's given me just the males she's been with lol)

I'm well aware if I showed my birds the sheen would be a fault - but I don't show them and I happen to like the sheen very much

just curious if the different color sheen's meant anything? Like in his case if he wasn't albino would it mean he'd be Grey? :giggle:

I know for a fact every other Albino I had (and still do have) has had the Sky blue sheen He's the only One I have that isn't Sky blue - some days it looks Grey, Some days it looks like a lilac purple(light purple) and some days(like today) it looks like a mix of both Grey & purple.

but I thought I've read in the past the sheen color on Inos can mean they're masking that color. But I can't remember where I read it and now I can't find that article

So does it mean anything or not?

it doesn't matter to me if it does or doesn't - it just has me curious Specially when i look at him then Look over at Hope, or Amber(Creamino) or even his mama Ariel, or go through my pics and See Casper's pretty sky blue sheen - made me very curious he's the only one who doesn't have sky blue lol

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
The suffusion is the color of their base.

All of your other ones are obvious such as your light greens, your dark greens, etc. In your yellows, the strength and tone of the yellow sometimes suggests it as well. For example, grey-green's have quite a mustardy colour, where as your light greens have a bright buttercup yellow.

All of these 'sheen's' as you call them, is in fact suffusion. It is a fault, like you mentioned as well. All of your base coloured birds such as clearbody, lacewing, fallow, DF spangles, ino etc can all get suffusion.

I would say your bird may be a Violet gray, the mum may have been carrying it or even been a visual. Put to a grey, he could have had both factors. Thus, you would have a Violet Grey bird.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I can't answer your questions but....Yuki def has a light blue color cast and Lems def has a super bright lime green color cast. Sometimes seems like Lems could glow in the dark (lol!). You are totally right.....you can only see it if the light is just right. It is beautiful tho. Just love my 'inos and their little plum colored eyes. Nature is so amazing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.