Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Sweet Pea, Louie, Goldie, Jellybean
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an albino budgie who I believe is a male. A few minutes ago I saw him preening my other male. They are good friends and I’m sure they are doing this because the are friends but I just want to double check. This is the best picture I could take but if you need a better picture I will get one.
Bird Eye Parrot Beak Pet supply

Also in case it helps he isn’t what I like to call “pure” albino. You can see some melanin on his head.

·
Administrator
59,469 Posts
He is beautiful! What is his name?
It is quite normal for budgies of the same gender to preen and/or feed one another.

Nothing to be concerned about in the least.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
His name is Louie which is short for Louis Von Marshmallow the first (My friend insisted on this name but I just call him Louie). He is such a sweet boy except he always finds a way to get dirty, for example earlier he was on my shoulder and I didn’t notice my neck was bleeding, I put him down to see blood on his wing! It was blood from my neck and I washed him instantly. He always finds a way to freak me out!

·
Administrator
59,469 Posts
Still not the best for determining gender. I still believe he's male.
Another photo, in-focus close-up of the cere taken in natural light with no flash and no direct sunlight would be very helpful.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I will get more photos but in case it helps, when I got him his cere was a light purple but now it’s a lighter purple/blue. Also he acts more like a male, he is more vocal, bobs his head, and likes to interact with his toys more than the female, and yes I know that females can do these things. Also the breeder told me he was a he. But yes I will get more pictures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.