Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the mutation is called when the budgie is albino but has a slight blue haze over it, I think they are stunning and just wanted to know which two budgies could produce this colour. Spicky looks like she has a female one...sorry I dont have a picture of what im talking about

·
Registered
770 Posts
My Sugar is like that. Nev said she was Albino masking sky blue. I can see just a slight blue tint sometimes in certain lights and in photos. It looks almost iridescent. Is that what you are talking about?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes! Thats it, only in some light could you see the shine of blue, maybe just on the tips of her feathers. Do you have a bird like that? I think they are beautiful.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Many albinos have a blue haze. It is called suffusion (not masking)
My apology Nev!
I went back and checked the post on 7-14-09 in Photos. (the day I joined :))
Ooops...
It was Dean that said from the looks of my albino she was masking sky blue.
I wonder what does masking mean?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
My apology Nev!
I went back and checked the post on 7-14-09 in Photos. (the day I joined :))
Ooops...
It was Dean that said from the looks of my albino she was masking sky blue.
I wonder what does masking mean?
I think Dean was still learning then. He would not describe it as masking now

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
sometimes the albino doesn't seem to quite eliminate all of the budgies body colour and you get the suffusion you are talking about. it would be considered a fault for the variety if you were breeding to show.

to breed them you would probably want to get some albinos already showing the suffusion to breed more from... many albinos show this if you see them in the sunlight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.