Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I am new to the forum. I have some eggs hatching. So far we have two babies. The first hatched is albino I believe?! It did not have any pigment around its eyes when it hatched. Once the eyes opened I seen they are red. I am excited to see what it looks like as it starts to feather :) Any info shared about albinos would be appreciated. Are they rare? Or do people just say they are? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

that is certainly an ino, will have to wait to see if it is albino or lutino. if both parents are blue or grey then it will be an albino.

inos are no rarer than other varieties, though they are lovely!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree...if its white based you'll have an albino, yellow based a lutino. What are the tail feathers looking like now (2 days later)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OoooOoo I have a second with red eyes! Hatched on the 15th.

Here are pics of the parents.

Momma SunShine

Daddy Sky

I have to get updated pics of the babies.. Be back soon!

·
Human Jungle-gym
3,270 Posts
Welcome to TB! :wave:

They will most definitely be Albino! :) They aren't too rare, but they are certainly beautiful! And I do believe they will both be female :D Congrats! Keep us updated with photos pretty please? :love:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

the father must be split for ino, so the chicks will be hens. it looks like the mum is a yellow face, so you may get some yellow face albino chicks.

oh, and becasue the dad is an opaline the albino hens will be opaline too, but it will be hidden by the albino.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow thanks for the info everyone :) I really don't know much about genetics lol

Here are some pics from tonight

Baby #1

Baby # 2

Baby # 3 & 4 ... Sorry the picture is not very good.. I was in a hurry so the little ones didn't get cold.

There is one more egg that hasn't hatched yet....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ok and just for fun... Here is the 1st clutch they hatched out this year..This was their first ever baby experience.. They did great raising them and were wonderful parents... After they are done raising the new babies... No more!! I don't want her laying anymore eggs.. They are cute and fun, but I just worry if they will go to good homes.. I have to also decide on which ones I want to keep LOL!

I have this one here at my house still... A little sweet heart :) I love his/her yellow on the face. He also has yellow mixed in the tail feathers. Might be staying here with me.

I also have this one with me

My mom fell in love with this one.. and has a new home...

My mom also took this one.. He/she was also a shy little sweetie :) I wanted to keep her but.. mom really liked her lol

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi again,

lovely babies. you have two hens and two cocks there, the first and third ones are a cobalt opaline hen and a skyblue opaline hen, and the other two are skyblue normal cocks.

it is fun to have something different turn up in the second nest isn't it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.