Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......Or alcoholic owners... :)

This is Bandit's favorite place to hang out when we are busy and can't her her sitting on our shoulder. (She's a velcro bird for sure!)

As you can see, she spends so much time there it's slowly also becoming a play area. See the home made toy and lettuce? lol

She blends in so well, and is usually too busy preening that she doesn't make a sound. We've "Lost" her a couple of times, not thinking to check "her spot"

:)

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,807 Posts
Funny thing is many species of birds do get extremely drunk in the wild. They really enjoy eating fruit that is extremely ripe. This fruit already has a high alcohol content in it from the fermentation process. They don't like the fruit when it is at the right eating stage for us but wait until it is starting to ferment.

The other week there was a show on tv here showing flocks of Rainbow Lorikeets that had pigged out on over ripe fruit. There were birds everywhere falling over or just lying there in an alcoholic stupor. The locals take them to the local vets who check them over and put them into, lol you can only call it a drunk tank, and wait for them to sober up so they can be re-released.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,547 Posts
Oh my gosh! I think my budgies and yours must be related somehow! :laughing: The wine rack/bar seems to be a budgie playground for them!

What goofs our little ones are! And your little girl is just precious to boot:giggle:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow! She is tiny! I didn't even know there was a budgie in the picture until I read the comments.. thought it was just a picture of the wine rack play gym!! LOL never thought to use mine as a play gym.

·
Member of the Month
890 Posts
I was thinking 'why put up pics about the budgie liking the wine rack when the budgie isn't even in them?' :laughing:

I like hanging out round the wine rack too. You've got a smart bird :giggle:

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
That is funny! My Tony loves to perch on the wine rack too - it's on top of our china cabinet. I had to remove all the wine bottles though. He started peeling the wrapping and crumbling the corks :scare:

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, she's definitely a tiny bird and hard to spot.
If she wants to have some fun, she'll start peeling the labels off of the bottle that is next to her, she's never attacked a cork though. Paper is her favorite thing on earth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.