Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is Alex, my little sweetie :) I've been noticing that she is getting some little pinnies, and more color on her :S She used too just have the color on her belly like a normal recessive, but it seems like she is getting lots of spots on her upper body too. It looks like around her neck there is a line of gray, and then about 3 other spots I can find in her body feathers. Plus, she has wing full wing markings :S I'm starting to think differently about her mutations. Please and could someone tell me why this is happening and why she has full wing markings :)

She is only 3-4 (? Seems longer.....she hatched March 3rd) months old too so I wouldn't be able to tell if she were to have iris rings.

Okay she is about 6 months old, and after a very close look at her, it seems only her left eye if getting an iris ring :S Strange

Here is a picture of her wing too, sorry, I clipped her so my sister could pet-sit her. I didn't want her flying out :eek:

I think her mom was a mauve/cobalt clearflight pied and her dad was some type of skyblue. I didn't get a very good look at them :eek:

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
If you are correct about the parentsn then it can't be a RP, because to get a RP both parents must carry the RP gene.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I also don't know her dad's exact mutation, I was quick in and out of the breeders house, so I didn't spend much time looking at the parents or the other chicks :) Is it possible they were split with other pied genes?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Both parents must be split to recessive pied. She looks like a YF mauve RP. Maybe grey instead of mauve. Hard for me to tell on the photos.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both parents must be split to recessive pied. She looks like a YF mauve RP. Maybe grey instead of mauve. Hard for me to tell on the photos.
That is was I thought she was :) But I'm still confused about only 1 eye starting to get an iris ring :S

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She is a yellow face opaline recessive pied grey. The wing markings are different on every recessive pied so having a lot of marking on her wings doesn't make her a different mutation. Both of her parents must be split for recessive pied. The slight hint of an iris ring is only another variation within the mutation and it it unlikely to develop into a full iris ring

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.