Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

For an elderly budgie with (per avian vet) suspected liver illness (labs, ultrasound, x-ray were done), how much Lily of the Valley Aloe Vera Detox do I mix with her water? She does get milk thistle and dandelion powder everyday. For meds she gets hormone shots for suspected illness of her ovaries, and she has pain meds as needed. Also, how do I mix an aloe spray for her skin? She has some bare skin due to feather plucking from when her partner got sick and passed away.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
57,347 Posts
Take a look at the information in this thread:

Aloe Vera detox

A quote from the link above reads, I used..."simply all that I could get into her. I made her drinking water half Aloe Detox, soaked her bird bread in it, and put it on everything that she would eat. Being a non-toxic product, I felt that there was no danger of overdosing her. Due to the serious nature of her condition, there was nothing to lose.

With regard to mixing the spray for her skin, if it is a liquid, then use it full strength in a little mister bottle. If it is a gel, then just dilute it with water to the point it will spray easily from the mister.

Let us know how things work out for you.

Blessings!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts