Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Somebody had told me that she might be double factor pied, receive pied, and I am very clueless! Lol

The colors showing are a periwinkle purple, and she has a large blue spot under her wings, blue spot between her legs, grey iris, and very clean bright pink feet. Other than that, she's completely white. For some unknown reason, her face was dirty in this picture! Her tail feathers were as well. Any ideas?

She's a very active and pretty strange bird, like hanging upside down by one foot from the top of the cage. Quite the pig too! I gave her a honey treat yesterday for the first time in about two weeks, and she's already eaten about 1/6th of a medium honey treat! Silly girl~

EDIT: Somebody from another bird website offered me $85 for her about two months ago, so I'm guessing she's uncommon?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What about this guy? He's more turquoise than he looks in this pic, he was just fluffed up. Tell me if I need another picture of him. He's a dark shiny metallic turquoise with a white and black wings.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
What about this guy? He's more turquoise than he looks in this pic, he was just fluffed up. Tell me if I need another picture of him. He's a dark shiny metallic turquoise with a white and black wings.

Do you have any idea of what his parents were? He has a very large pied patch on the back of his head for a normal sky blue, he could be a poorly marked pied of some kind :)

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
She does look a lot like a df dominant pied cobalt violet :) She is also an opaline :)

Do you have any idea of what his parents were? He has a very large pied patch on the back of his head for a normal sky blue, he could be a poorly marked pied of some kind :)
Lindsey, I must say you have a great eye for detail! I missed the opaline (first bird) and dismissed the thumbprint as a split to pied (second bird). Thank you for teaching me to be more observant. :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no idea about his parents, I never bothered to ask their breeder! But thank you! You all saved me quite the headache of trying to read through time after time for Angel! I'm sorry I can't be more helpful on him.

·
19,551 Posts
Lindsey, I must say you have a great eye for detail! I missed the opaline (first bird) and dismissed the thumbprint as a split to pied (second bird). Thank you for teaching me to be more observant. :D
No problem! There are so many little details that are easy to miss for sure! :)

·
19,551 Posts
I have no idea about his parents, I never bothered to ask their breeder! But thank you! You all saved me quite the headache of trying to read through time after time for Angel! I'm sorry I can't be more helpful on him.
It always helps to know the parents with a bird that has very few markings :) Sometimes the only way to know for sure is by breeding them otherwise to see what the outcome is in the chicks :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.