Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have another breeding outcome question. I have a light green dominant pied male baby who I am growing up to breed. I am looking to buy a female lutino to put with him and breed when they are old enough. My question is this, what should I expect to get from a light green dominant pied male and a female lutino? Also, what is the possible outcomes from a green dominant pied female?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
458 Posts
From a light green Dominant Pied male to a Lutino female, you'll get 50% Dominant Pieds and 50% Normals, all males being split to ino. If neither parent is split blue, you'll get all greens. If one or both are, you'll get skyblues and Cobalts as well.

From two green Dominant pieds, you'll get 25% Sf Dominant Pied, 25% Df Dominant Pied, and 50% Normals, all green.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
To get lutino chicks the gene must come from the male. So if your dominant pied is not split for ino mated to a lutino you won't get any ino chicks but all the male chicks will be split for ino.

When breeding an Albino or Lutino always expect surprises because the ino mutation can mask most other mutations

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To get lutino chicks the gene must come from the male. So if your dominant pied is not split for ino mated to a lutino you won't get any ino chicks but all the male chicks will be split for ino.

When breeding an Albino or Lutino always expect surprises because the ino mutation can mask most other mutations
So if you don't know what's behind the bird you would really need a lutino male, is that correct?

Vicki

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.