Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please take a look at the yellow/green bird in front. And what you think he is. Also, for you experts, if you could tell me what he would produce if bred to the YF sky blue. Thank you in advance!

Vicki:budgie:

With the YF Lucy:

And, by himself:

·
(retired budgie breeder)
3,772 Posts
looks like a normal green dom pied... not sure if clear flight... (having a brain **** at this present time!)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like a normal green dom pied... not sure if clear flight... (having a brain **** at this present time!)
That's what I thought too. I do think clearflight also.

I understand the rule that a green bred to a blue must be split for blue to produce blue, is this true for all green birds, including pieds?

Thank you!

Vicki:budgie:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He is a green dominant pied. If he is not split for blue then mating him to a yellow face blue normal will produce about 50% each of normal green and dominant pied green

If he is split for blue you'd get about 25% normal green, 25% dominant pied green, 12.5% normal blue, 12.5% yellow face blue, 12.5% dominant pied blue & 12.5% yellow face dominant pied blue.

In both cases all the green birds would all be split for blue and half of them would mask the yellow face mutation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.