Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
Not to disappoint other budgie owners, but I have the cutest, sweetest little bird in the world!
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went through a medical situation that required me to go home with an IV in my arm. Along with that came an IV pole. It can be as short as three feet or as tall as about six feet. What to do... what to do? Aha! I lashed an old curtain rod to the hooks at the top and wrapped it with jute twine. I'll add more twine to cover it completely. I then lashed an embroidery hoop that will also be wrapped with the twine. I'll add some toys and seagrass mats and maybe a little food dish to tempt her over to it. This is my progress so far! I feel like this will have alot of fun possibilities. At the bottom is a stand that opens up.
Textile Sleeve Collar Beige Jewellery

· Super Moderator
6,241 Posts
I went through a medical situation that required me to go home with an IV in my arm. Along with that came an IV pole. It can be as short as three feet or as tall as about six feet. What to do... what to do? Aha! I lashed an old curtain rod to the hooks at the top and wrapped it with jute twine. I'll add more twine to cover it completely. I then lashed an embroidery hoop that will also be wrapped with the twine. I'll add some toys and seagrass mats and maybe a little food dish to tempt her over to it. This is my progress so far! I feel like this will have alot of fun possibilities. At the bottom is a stand that opens up. View attachment 265899
That's a great idea.

· Premium Member
Not to disappoint other budgie owners, but I have the cutest, sweetest little bird in the world!
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great idea.
It makes me feel so happy to do things for her 🥰! We have a snowstorm coming in on Thursday so I'll be stating in town at a friend's house. That means LoVey will be coming to work with me. She'll hang out in the supervisors office and help us to our jobs. I'm fortunate to have a job that allows that!

· Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LoVey taking on a supervisors role at my work place. It did however take 45 minutes to get her into her overnight cage. And the friend I'll be staying with is totally fine with LoVey flying around her home!
Computer Desk Shelving Table Bookcase

· Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now the real question is.. with such a cute little helper, will you get any work done?? 😆👍🏻
I try to behave and do my job lol. However, the parade of people who stop in to visit her in the supervisors office is huge! And of course, they all comment on how cute she is! The woman at the service desk noticed she starts chirping when she hears my voice. I told her that those chirps are flock calls. Its amazing how many customers ask me how she's doing. Its impossible to not love LoVey!!!

· Administrator
60,475 Posts
Although I am no longer working, I have had recurring dreams (since quitting work many years ago) of having all my budgies and lovebirds at work.
It's nice you have a workplace that actually allows you to bring Lovey in with you when necessary.

· Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Although I am no longer working, I have had recurring dreams (since quitting work many years ago) of having all my budgies and lovebirds at work.
It's nice you have a workplace that actually allows you to bring Lovey in with you when necessary.
I'm very fortunate in that respect! Not only that, if I had to rush her to the vet, they'd give me no argument and ask me later in the day how the visit went. They even have people sign condolence cards when someone looses a pet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts